Still having issues

Posted by: MacBozo

Still having issues - 11/05/12 03:55 PM

With my internal sound on my Mini. I reset the PRAM today to see if that helps and it did. PRAM battery maybe? Nothing else seems to be affected. I'll see if it "sticks" for now.

(I still could use that 250GB internal drive I want, so maybe I can swap the battery out at the same time). wink
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Still having issues - 11/05/12 05:45 PM

Is the battery accessible in the mini?
I have last years model, and I'm going to have to attempt to put in more RAM. That looks pretty easy though.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Still having issues - 11/05/12 05:49 PM

Maybe your PRAM battery needs replacing.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Still having issues - 11/05/12 08:18 PM

Turn off the wireless, so the Date and Time don't auto set, or set D&T to not automatically update.

Shut the computer down and unplug the power supply from the computer for a bit. Maybe at least 10 minutes or so? Overnight would be a for sure bet. When you reboot it if the clock held time the battery is okay.

Re: Still having issues - 11/06/12 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
Turn off the wireless, so the Date and Time don't auto set, or set D&T to not automatically update.

Shut the computer down and unplug the power supply from the computer for a bit. Maybe at least 10 minutes or so? Overnight would be a for sure bet. When you reboot it if the clock held time the battery is okay.

I'll try that tonight, then.

When I woke the computer this AM, no internal sound again. There is power to the headphone jack, Sound Pref Pane shows it as active, but there is no sound output. At least, the USB dongle works just fine.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Still having issues - 11/06/12 06:45 AM

Does it still malfunction in Safe Boot mode, just to make sure it's not some obscure third party thing going on?

Do you have an older version of the OS on some external you can boot to to see if it's something OS related? A clean install on an external to try?

Saw this at Apple discussions - One of the proposed solutions was to change the Audio Midi setup to 32bit.

It's just odd how it comes and goes.

Re: Still having issues - 11/06/12 06:55 AM

I looked at that. When I tested the speakers, I got sound from the internal source. I wonder if I have a damaged plist.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Still having issues - 11/06/12 03:05 PM

If you have Cocktail I believe it checks for damaged plists.