Speakers

Posted by: MacBozo

Speakers - 10/03/12 07:21 AM

My Creature II system is beginning to sound its age with some annoying "static" coming from the right treble speaker on high frequency passages. I guess I'll put new speakers on my wish list now. cry
Posted by: steveg

Re: Speakers - 10/03/12 05:16 PM

Bargain. My Creatures were stolen from my office when I was working in Ft. Lauderdale back in '04. frown

Re: Speakers - 10/03/12 05:26 PM

Nice! Mine were $99 when I bought them. Creative makes some nice sets, too. Impressive sound from the pair I got the wife.

Re: Speakers - 10/03/12 05:28 PM

I was attempting to do a little LP conversion today and the sound output was awful. I'm wondering if it's a USB thing going on, since I had to get a USB sound dongle when the internal sound on my Mini went out a few months ago.

Re: Speakers - 10/05/12 03:07 PM

On closer inspection, the surrounds on the tweeters are shot/torn. Now I just have to figure out how I can afford some new speakers.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Speakers - 10/05/12 03:40 PM

If you can get to the tweeters glue up the cracks, it may put you through without the distortion till you can get some. If possible a flexible epoxy or something. I wonder where you could find something like that. grin

Or Super Glue for the short term.

Re: Speakers - 10/05/12 03:57 PM

I think they are beyond such "repairs." I think my 9yo granddaughter goofing with Photo Booth may have hastened the process/damage. laugh