Posted by: zee3570

I can't log in to my macbook pro with my password. I changed my password a few weeks back, and it has been working fine until yesterday. I tried logging in with the old password, and I still can't log in
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: log in problems - 02/11/12 03:10 PM

Insert your install disk and boot from it by holding down the C key till it boots. Then look under the menu for an option to change the password.

Re: log in problems - 02/11/12 03:56 PM

Thanks for the reply. Would I be able to retrieve all my documents automatically? Am currently on Lion OS, but my recovery disk is Leopard, would still have Lion on it once I recover?
Posted by: Jim_

Re: log in problems - 02/11/12 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: zee3570
Thanks for the reply. Would I be able to retrieve all my documents automatically? Am currently on Lion OS, but my recovery disk is Leopard, would still have Lion on it once I recover?
Try this.

You can reset your password and you won't lose any data.

Re: log in problems - 02/14/12 02:05 PM

Thanks guys for all the help. I tried rebooting using my install disc and holding down the C button, unfortunately it keeps taking me back to the log in page, where I still can't log in with my password.

I couldn't also eject the CD from my drive.

Re: log in problems - 02/14/12 10:21 PM

Did you try the Command-R tip in the link I posted to boot from the recovery partition? You can also try using the Option key which will bring up a startup disk screen.

What kind of keyboard? If it's wireless or third party do you have an older Apple wired USB one to try instead? I have seen problems even with Apple's aluminum wired ones but it's been a while.

Re: log in problems - 02/15/12 02:05 PM

Hello,

I've tried the Command+R option and pressing the option key while rebooting, but there is still no change. It keeps showing me the log in page, and my password still won't go.

And I still can't eject the recovery CD.

What do I do now?

Re: log in problems - 02/15/12 02:18 PM

What about the keyboard thing I mentioned?
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: log in problems - 02/15/12 02:24 PM

Boot while holding the mouse button down to see if that will eject the CD/DVD.

Had that happen once on my wife's Mini. I had to go dig out a damaged clear tray keyboard in order to use the eject key, since the aluminum keyboard's eject key wouldn't do it for some reason.

Re: log in problems - 02/15/12 03:23 PM

It's a macbook pro laptop, thus is the keyboard that came along with the macbook pro.

I've tried booting holding down the eject key as well, without luck

Re: log in problems - 02/15/12 04:02 PM

Try holding down the mouse button.... while starting up... keep it depressed.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: log in problems - 02/15/12 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Try holding down the mouse button.... while starting up... keep it depressed.
I already said that. laugh
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: log in problems - 02/15/12 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: zee3570
Hello, . . .

And I still can't eject the recovery CD.

What do I do now?

Have you tried what Reboot said about using the Option key while rebooting to dislodge the disk.

"You can also try using the Option key which will bring up a startup disk screen."

It worked for me in a different but similar situation. Freeing the stuck disk from bootup assignment may make it "spit" out on its own, as mine did ;-)

Re: log in problems - 02/15/12 04:35 PM

Yes.. I know.. BUT he said he held down the keyboard EJECT button... which may have issues of its own. I was clarifying for him.

Re: log in problems - 02/15/12 04:38 PM

Does this MBP have a FW port?
FWTD mode from another Mac, insert install cd in other Mac and change PW from the other Mac.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1661
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: log in problems - 02/16/12 02:53 AM

The best solution would go to an Apple Provider and they can fix your problem.