would battery charge with a dead logic board.

Posted by: tye11

would battery charge with a dead logic board. - 01/24/11 05:09 PM

Trying to figure out if my macbook pro has a dead logic board until today it started fine, now its not starting but the battery is charging.

Only problem I am using a 60watt charger maybe thats why its not starting? I have left it to charge for an hour its gone from 1 green circle to four but still wont turn on.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: would battery charge with a dead logic board. - 01/24/11 07:09 PM

The underpowered charger would only keep it from charging when you were using the machine, but it will charge in sleep mode.

To go from from one green to four in an hour is kind of quick for a full charge though, something is odd. If you have battery power it should start even with an underpowered charger.

Is this a MacBook Pro or MacBook? You mentioned a MacBook in your last thread. The MB has a DC in board, it could be that if you're lucky but it does charge so I doubt that. If it's MBP I don't think they have DC in board, it's on the logic board I believe.
Posted by: tye11

Re: would battery charge with a dead logic board. - 01/25/11 08:42 PM

It was the charger, I got a new macbook pro that had a broken LCD for $200 bucks but didnt come with a charger. After it charged to 5 bars it was fine smile