Ignoramuses of the World Unite

Posted by: yoyo52

Ignoramuses of the World Unite - 02/02/02 08:14 PM

I've been teaching A Midsummer Night's Dream this past week, so Puck's wise phrase, "What fools these mortals be," came to mind when I read the the following review of the TiBook:<br><br>[URL]http://www.reviewboard.com/Section/Notebooks/powerbookg4[/URL}<br><br>Read it and weep for your fellow human beings!<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: Ignoramuses of the World Unite - 02/02/02 10:28 PM

Too late to edit, but here's the right code for the link <br><br>http://www.reviewboard.com/Section/Notebooks/powerbookg4<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: siletz

Re: Ignoramuses of the World Unite - 02/02/02 11:36 PM

Numerous comments about the article over at the mac observer. It seems that their general view is that it is tongue in cheek.<br><br>Bondi "B" Maxed out
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Ignoramuses of the World Unite - 02/03/02 05:13 PM

I didn't get the "tongue in cheek" if that is what was intended. I forget where I linked to it yesterday or day before but it is clearly inane and the author doesn't haven't a clue about Macs. Of any kind.<br><br>He made some especially inane remark about OS X that I, fortunately, have been successful in wiping out of my mind.<br><br>Since all of their reviewers are "experts" I suggest, based on my experience with this review, that one would do well to look elsewhere when considering the different models of mouse traps available.<br><br>Would that I could come up with a more interesting remark as yoyo52 has done in his original post. But when I read a review like this my thoughts cannot construe any allusion to the events contained in something written by Shakespeare, but rather turn towards mundane like items such as mouse traps. :rolleyes:<br><br>I shall work on having loftier thoughts this next week and will endeavor to avoid links like the one to the article in question.<br><br>Wish me luck. <br><br>PS to yoyo52: Catchy subject title for thread. <br><br>[color:blue]128k_Mac</font color=blue><br><br>Men say they know many things; but lo! they have taken wings--The arts and sciences, and a thousand appliances; The wind that blows is all that any body knows. [color:blue]Henry David Thoreau</font color=blue><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Ignoramuses of the World Unite - 02/04/02 08:37 PM

where'd it go? I can't get the link to work to that review? did they pull it already?<br><br>

Re: Ignoramuses of the World Unite - 02/04/02 09:31 PM

Looks like it's gone into the great beyond. Well, as they say in Latin, requiescat in cacam <br><br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 02/05/02 00:33 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Ignoramuses of the World Unite - 02/04/02 09:34 PM

I'm getting a "not found on server" with yoyo52's link. I notice they use AltaVista for a search engine, not the most effective approach in the world. But I bought and tried it. It gave me a link.....to the same "not found on server" message. <br><br>You didn't miss much. <br><br>THE EDIT: Looks like yoyo52 is also online and beat me to posting replay by 10 seconds or so. Fastest gun from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania they say.<br><br>THE SECOND EDIT: Is Latin allowed in this forum? Should it not at least be placed in italics and a link provided to Babelfish? <br><br>[color:blue]128k_Mac</font color=blue><br><br>Men say they know many things; but lo! they have taken wings--The arts and sciences, and a thousand appliances; The wind that blows is all that any body knows. [color:blue]Henry David Thoreau</font color=blue><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by 128K_Mac on 02/05/02 00:38 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Ignoramuses of the World Unite - 02/04/02 09:46 PM

You're probably right. I should have translated. It's a take off on RIP, requiescat in pacem, rest in peace. I substituted s**t for peace. It seemed more appropriate, somehow <br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: Ignoramuses of the World Unite - 02/04/02 10:00 PM

Could you translate further?<br><br>What does "s**t" stand for?<br><br><br><br>[color:blue]128k_Mac</font color=blue><br><br>Men say they know many things; but lo! they have taken wings--The arts and sciences, and a thousand appliances; The wind that blows is all that any body knows. [color:blue]Henry David Thoreau</font color=blue><br>

Re: Ignoramuses of the World Unite - 02/04/02 10:05 PM

Well, "s**t" stands for "*hi*." <br><br>edit: had to add that wink!<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 02/05/02 01:08 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Ignoramuses of the World Unite - 02/04/02 10:20 PM

LOL LOL<br><br>[color:blue]128k_Mac</font color=blue><br><br>Men say they know many things; but lo! they have taken wings--The arts and sciences, and a thousand appliances; The wind that blows is all that any body knows. [color:blue]Henry David Thoreau</font color=blue><br>