Epson 1200 printer works after cleaning cycle

Posted by: Anonymous

Epson 1200 printer works after cleaning cycle - 01/01/02 06:08 AM

Anybody have similar problems/solutions? Printer working fine. All of a sudden it makes a bit of a funny noise (like maybe the belt is slipping). Goes through the printing motion but page is blank. I clean nozzels and it prints fine again for a while. Before I bring it in for estimate, anyone know of a home remidy?<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Epson 1200 printer works after cleaning cycle - 01/01/02 11:38 AM

I don't recall what command is (and should know for that model) but I would try "clear memory."<br><br>There should be some combination of holding down all the buttons to force it to clear memory and print a test page. Typically with Epsons this can be to depress all the buttons relating to cartridge status and paper simultaneously then depress the off/on button while still holding the other group down.<br><br>That's about the only thing useful I've ever found in an Epson manual. It seems to me I tried to find the information on the Epson site for command for one printer once but had no luck.<br><br>Manual may call it any number of things but I have seen it referred to most often as "clear memory command." This resets entire printer's memory and then it receives new instructions when it receives next printing instructions.<br><br>Failing this too often it means a trip to repair shop. <br><br>(My explanation above, common with Epsons, isn't that clear. The basic idea with many models is to simultaneously depress all but buttons/controls, then continue holding them down while pressing off/on button if that's any clearer. It will vary with certain models. The starting point, i.e., with the printer turned on or off may vary. If from either position it should be in that status for several minutes as the start of the "clear memory" cycle sometimes begins with the standard head cleaning cycle.)<br><br>Good luck.<br><br>128k_Mac<br><br>"The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better' so I bought a Macintosh." - Anonymous