Flat panel iMac?

Posted by: yoyo52

Flat panel iMac? - 12/04/01 07:57 PM

C|Net reports that MorganStanley says that there may be a flat panel iMac in the not too distant future. The story is at http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-8065180.html?tag=pt.excite.cinews..ne8065180, if you're curious.<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: Flat panel iMac? - 12/04/01 10:55 PM

There has been rumors of flat panel iMacs for ages, personally I think LCDs are still just to expensive to put into an iMac, paticually if they use similar quality LCDs to those used in other macs.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Flat panel iMac? - 12/05/01 06:49 PM

Hmm...I notice MacMinute shows a View Sonic flat panel display for $299. today. With prices that low and the quantities Apple buys I wonder....... <br><br>128k_Mac<br>"When in doubt, reboot" - CaseCom
Posted by: bdog

Re: Flat panel iMac? - 12/05/01 07:22 PM

NO 128K_Mac, it's a CRT.<br><br>--------------------------<br>John Bailey ([color:red]Bdog</font color=red>)<br><br>Email Me! ---> bdog_111@yahoo.com

Re: Flat panel iMac? - 12/05/01 08:09 PM

You're right, bdog, but I have seen flat panels at not much more than that price. Not the best quality goods, I'll admit <br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Flat panel iMac? - 12/05/01 09:12 PM

hmph... I remember back when I was running the old iMac2Day site, even I was caught up in all of the excitement about an impending flat panel iMac... <br><br>I guess I've become a pundit of sorts....<br><br>I'll believe it after I've put my hands on it.<br><br>

Re: Flat panel iMac? - 12/05/01 09:35 PM

I'm not saying I believe, just that it ain't impossible.<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Flat panel iMac? - 12/05/01 09:52 PM

to borrow a phrase:<br><br>"And that's true too."<br><br>John<br><br>

Re: Flat panel iMac? - 12/06/01 01:19 AM

bdog<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> NO 128K_Mac, it's a CRT. <p><hr></blockquote><p>Hmmm.....<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> ViewSonic today introduced the A90f, a 19-inch CRT display <p><hr></blockquote><p>Guess when one thing goes it all goes. <br><br>Oh well......... <br><br><br>128k_Mac<br>"When in doubt, reboot" - CaseCom

Re: Flat panel iMac? - 12/06/01 08:18 AM

Take comfort, man! At least there was something there to begin with <br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: Flat panel iMac? - 12/06/01 10:06 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Take comfort, man! At least there was something there to begin with. <p><hr></blockquote><p>Is that a feature or a bug? <br><br><br>128k_Mac<br>"When in doubt, reboot" - CaseCom

Re: Flat panel iMac? - 12/12/01 12:31 PM

http://www.macfixit.com<br><br>I'll repeat an earlier comment: Ted Landau doesn't do rumors or speculation.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>This is the first time in the 18-year history of Macworld Conference & Expo that the keynote will take place the day before the exhibit floor opens. We also received word that media will be able to visit the Apple booth on the Expo floor, following the keynote. This suggests a really big announcement!<br><p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br>128k_Mac<br><br>"The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better' so I bought a Macintosh." - Anonymous

Re: Flat panel iMac? - 12/13/01 10:14 PM

It doesn't really matter as far as mac trying to be the one and only type thing- IBM has a flatpanel unit out- I think HP does too- a new shape and design and always better prices would be fine- who wants an imac if its going to be priced like a G4?<br><br>why is there a IBM deskstar in my machine?