Mic absent

Posted by: Anonymous

Mic absent - 11/27/01 07:26 AM

Ive jusy got to get this off my chest...<br>Ive just bought a 667 tiBook... why the hell doesnt it have a mini jack input for audio... is this not insane on a $$$$$ lots laptop?<br><br>
Posted by: bdog

Re: Mic absent - 11/27/01 02:20 PM

Just like the floppy drive, apple is trying (I think) to drive away analog audio in, and port everything to FireWire.<br><br>--John Bailey ([color:red]Bdog</font color=red>)<br><br>Email Me! ---> bdog_111@yahoo.com

Re: Mic absent - 12/12/01 07:10 AM

This a good source for USB mics and analogue to USB converters that might work nicely for you:<br><br>http://www.speechcontrol.com/microphones/<br><br><br><br>-------------------------------------------<br>RWoelk <br>Generating 2048 bits of randomness...<br><br>Only the educated are free! -Epictetus

Re: Mic absent - 12/12/01 12:22 PM

heh<br><br>bdog's right about the "reason." but that sadly doesn't make it "right"....same deal on no eject button for G4 tower....it still winds up being dumb and not in best interest of user, "reason" or not<br><br>:rolleyes:<br><br>128k_Mac<br><br>"The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better' so I bought a Macintosh." - Anonymous
Posted by: bdog

Re: Mic absent - 12/12/01 01:17 PM

I agree 128K_Mac!<br><br>--------------------------<br>John Bailey ([color:red]Bdog</font color=red>)<br><br>Email Me! ---> bdog_111@yahoo.com

Re: Mic absent - 12/12/01 02:23 PM

bdog<br><br>And you know what? I don't think either issue is going to be addressed in the future. <br><br><br><br>128k_Mac<br><br>"The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better' so I bought a Macintosh." - Anonymous

Re: Mic absent - 12/13/01 10:21 PM

Its a marketing trick- they are moving towards USB and firewire- why? Well to inforce the digital hub theory- forcing the user to try the new technologies- it seems foulish but it makes sense business wise- now hardware developers will create for the mac drawning attention to their machine-<br>in the end it will be a better solution- it sounds better- but again apple jumps the gun just to say they did it first. Alot of folks missed the floppy but now who really cares-<br><br>why is there a IBM deskstar in my machine?