With c tree (R) error #230

Posted by: foyd

With c tree (R) error #230 - 12/12/08 05:26 AM

Can anyone give me anyone give me an idea of what this problem relates to: Unexpected internal error c tree (R) error #230.
Can't make Acrobat PDFs and I get same when I try to open Photoshop. Is it exztensions, memory etc. Thanks. foyd
Posted by: Jim_

Re: With c tree (R) error #230 - 12/12/08 09:45 AM

You probably want to post this in a Windows forum, that's a Windows error.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: With c tree (R) error #230 - 12/12/08 01:53 PM

Error messages are mostly useless in trying to determine the cause of problems.

It would be helpful to know what hardware & software versions you're running.

Re: With c tree (R) error #230 - 12/13/08 06:12 AM

No error, message is happening on a Power Mac G4 with Mac OS 9.2. Happens when I try to open Acrobat PDFs and open Photoshop 6.0.

Re: With c tree (R) error #230 - 12/13/08 06:21 AM

Power Mac G4 with Mac OS 9.2. Error code happens when I try to open Acrobat PDFs and open Photoshop 6.0. Photoshop freezes and Acrobat and the c-tree r #230 message shows up. Everything else is functioning. I was going to try uninstall/reinstall both of those software programs, but wondering if that error it is more likely a hardware vs. software issue: "bad/corrupt memory", motherboard etc.?
Posted by: Jim_

Re: With c tree (R) error #230 - 12/13/08 10:32 AM

Okay, thanks for the details. Since it's talking about a tree error, you should try booting from a utility CD, Norton, Disk Warrior etc, or from the system install CD, and repairing the Hard Drive. You can run Disk First Aid (or did they call it Disk Utility, can't remember) without booting from a CD but it may not be able to fix it if there are major problems.

I would try a disk repair before you try writing any major files to the hard drive.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: With c tree (R) error #230 - 12/13/08 02:09 PM

With OS 9, I'd go directly to DiskWarrior . . . don't mess around with anything else.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: With c tree (R) error #230 - 12/13/08 04:42 PM

Having received similar looking errors back in OS9 days, I can say that in my case it was because I was trying to open a newer version PDF file in an older version of Acrobat.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: With c tree (R) error #230 - 12/16/08 08:18 AM

I'll go with Disk Warrior, too. Those messages usually relate to directory damage which DW is really good at correcting. Disk First Aid might work, but I never found it to be very robust. I can't remember which version of DW was the last for OS 9.