More HDD hilarity

Posted by: padmavyuha

More HDD hilarity - 11/03/08 10:11 AM

My new hitachi 320Gb HDD for my mbp arrived today - in a plastic bag! Seriously - a hard drive, in an antistatic sleeve, then just in one of those grey self-sealing mail bags with no padding whatsoever. I'm running a full diagnostic and surface scan on it now, and even if it passes I'm going to complain strongly to the company I bought it from.<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: More HDD hilarity - 11/03/08 10:18 AM

The drive I bought for my wife's mini came in an antistatic bag and padded envelope. I've had no problems with it.<br><br>

Re: More HDD hilarity - 11/03/08 12:26 PM

This was not a padded envelope, just a sealed plastic bag, like you might receive a magazine in. So far, the drive is testing okay. But I would have expected at least a padded envelope.<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: More HDD hilarity - 11/03/08 03:06 PM

Mine is a Toshiba 120GB. Those 2.5" drives are tinier than I thought and weigh next to nothing.<br><br>

Re: More HDD hilarity - 11/03/08 03:20 PM

Ay - I've got mine in an eSata enclosure at the moment, because the mbp has to go to an Apple store on Friday to get a new superdrive fitted, so I thought I'd better wait until they've been in there before I go swapping the hard drive. eSata is fun and fast! Once I've put in the bigger drive I can keep the smaller one in the eSata enclosure for emergeincy overflow...<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>