i am finally selling my G5

Posted by: FSM

i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 11:05 AM

and a person asked this question: Is your G5 the dual core model, 11,2 (M9591LL/A). <br><br>How do i figure this out? i didn't think G5's had dual cores. hmmm.<br><br>
Posted by: Jim_

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 11:10 AM

"ABOUT THIS MAC" UNDER THE APPLE.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 11:20 AM

i guess not because i dont' see anthing about a dual core or core anything<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 11:26 AM

THE ONLY DUAL CORE WAS THE LAST MODEL. YOURS IS DUAL CPU'S, NOT ONE CPU WITH A DUAL CORE.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 11:27 AM

i think I've found the info.: <a href="http://support.apple.com/specs/powermac/Power_Mac_G5_Early_2005.html">http://support.apple.com/specs/powermac/Power_Mac_G5_Early_2005.html</a><br><br>i included a Buy it now price, but now i am thinking that i set it too high since i have the older model of the dual 2.3 GHz. oops. i guess it won't get bought now. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 11:40 AM

I got $1,000 for my dual 2ghz G5 late last year. Sold on Craig'sList<br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 12:06 PM

So what are they going for now ? Dual CPU G5s ? I have one.<br><br><br>One point I make to my students about buying a Mac or a PC is that the Mac resale value is probably twice (%-wise) than a PC.... I mean a 3-4 yr old Mac will still fetch some decent cash !! ......and 3-4 yr old PC is ......<br><br><br><br>landfill material !! <br><br>David (OFI)

hey starmillway - 02/29/08 12:17 PM

i just tried to reduce my Buy it now price and and bid was made before i could hit submit. dang.<br><br>nobody is going to buy it now at $1,150. ah well. i'll have to wait for the auction to play out.<br><br>btw, starmillway is the high bidder. you think that's Kate?<br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 12:20 PM

With the shift to Intel processors that rule doesn't apply so strongly anymore unless it's an Intel model. I think we're good for many years now by buying Intel. The PPC chips came out in 1994, the last ones were 2006. I recommend my customers not to buy a PPC of any kind for long term use as they are buying into at least 2 year old technology that will not be supported by 10.7, if not 10.6. The G5' were just a stop gap between the G4's and Intel. After seeing the water cooling I was not even interested in getting one. You might want to get rid of yours while the getting is good. The G4's weren't going any higher Mhz-wise for a few reasons, and Apple needed something to fill the gap while they worked on Intel based stuff. So they introduced the G5 heat tunnels.<br><br>My .02<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game
Posted by: Trog

Re: hey starmillway - 02/29/08 12:30 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>btw, starmillway is the high bidder. you think that's Kate?<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Guess the Mac community is still rather tight, isn't it?<br><br>
Posted by: starmillway

Re: hey starmillway - 02/29/08 12:31 PM

I don't see the buy it now on my ebay page for your Mac! Starmillway is me. I try to help everyone get started, but I'll take it if you have to let it go at my high bid. I don't have an Apple cheese grater in my collection. <br><br><br>Sorry if I mucked up things for you. . . I hope not.<br><br><br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 12:34 PM

Dual G.5's around the 2.3 range are going for 850 lowest on a few, 1400 or so highest on a very few, but the majority around 1100.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 12:40 PM

While what you said goes for people who KNOW Macintash computers, I don't think the average Joe is that computerwise. I saw an old iMac at Goodwill going for $65 that I wouldn't pay $5 for!! It was the Blueberry Lifesaver Model.<br><br><br><br>The Bondi iMacs on eBay have a Buy it Now of $20 - $25 with shipping + - $40 !! Ha. If you pick it up at my house, you can have my Bondi for $20, shipping free!<br><br>You do not have enough money to buy my SE30 with xternal monitor, carry bag, 20 mb hard drive and maxed out RAM! <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 12:53 PM

You'd have to pry my Bondi blue RevA iMac from my cold dead fingers.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 01:06 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>You do not have enough money to buy my SE30 with xternal monitor, carry bag, 20 mb hard drive and maxed out RAM<p><hr></blockquote><p>LOL. I can put it in the spot that my 2 occupied until about 2 years ago. A customer runs PrintSmith software, printing estimating, it runs fine on an SE/30, and didn't want to shell out thousands for new software and CPU. I popped their drive into one of my old SE/30's, included a spare SE/30 with their drive copied to it, and for $300 or so everybody's happy now. They have an estimator and a backup ready to boot, and I got rid of trash and got paid $300 to do it. Just had to find the right buyer. Got rid of the video card last year, to the trash.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 01:08 PM

$300 you say?<br><br>Hmmmmm<br><br><br>Well, keep me in mind for another deal just like that . . . <br><br><br><br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 01:12 PM

Yeah, the original tray loaders aren't worth it it, but the latter slot loaders on X are fine as a word processor, iPhoto, an email machine, and some Internet as long as you don't expect smooth video all the time. They have limitations, but a place around here has them for $65 or so every day, a good starter machine or light use machine at a good price.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 01:17 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>$300 you say?<p><hr></blockquote><p>I thought it was fair for labor and 2 machines, considering what they would have to spend on a new system and software, and they have an extra machine ready to boot and go. I did include new batteries too, especially since the one would be shelved for while.<br><br>One man's trash, another man's treasure.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: hey starmillway - 02/29/08 01:20 PM

buy it now goes away when someone bids. no biggie as my buy it now was likely too high. at least the bidding has started.<br><br>but if nobody else bids, you'll get it for 99 cents. <br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 01:22 PM

Labor! Well, of course . . . you have to make a living. Want to come install my Boot Camp and Win XP?<br><br>We're having nice weather compared to what you're probably having. Bring wifey too and make a vacation out of it.<br><br>Have I offered to adopt you lately? Son! My computer needs adjusting <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: macbeemer

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 02:05 PM

So, which one is it?<br><br>BTW - I've got a nice 7300/300 with a 17' trinitron and a teleport platinum modem, sitting on the LR floor waiting to go. Any takers there?<br><br><br>Don't be too circumspective - you'll end up traveling slower than the speed of life.

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 03:07 PM

I'll trade ya' a G3'd 7100 and 6100, packed with RAM, with a whopping 36G internal on the 7100, a G3 beige 300, a crystal clear Apple 19" CRT monitor, and all the freakin' ADB keyboards and mice you need. Just to get this crap out of here. <br><br>This all reminds me I have too much that I'll probably never use. Out of all the stuff I've collected or put out of use over the years, the SE/30's have been the only two I ever sold whole, and one power supply for a Quadra 610. Purged all my Quadra's and earlier about 3 years ago.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 02/29/08 03:17 PM

He's got the one with two processors, not the last 2.3 version with 1 processor that has a dual core.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/01/08 05:53 PM

I've got a 6100 in the garage. can't be bothered to dust it off.<br><br><br><br>Don't be too circumspective - you'll end up traveling slower than the speed of life.

Re: hey starmillway - 03/01/08 08:50 PM

someone offered me $950 to end my auction early and complete the transaction today. i told him i think it's against Ebay policy. he just responded back: <blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I think technically you are correct about ending soon being against the rules. I understand. It' pretty common for people to end early. I have done it through the "buy it now" function (I just negotiate the price and then set it at a time I know the bidder will be able to bif right away). The reason I ask is I am in need of doing something pretty quick. I have a project I am going to start this next Friday, so I figured I would ask. I would be willing to do $1000 if that including shipping if you were still do the "buy it now" feature. We could just time it so I was able to pick it up right as you added that function. If not I think I'm just gonna pick up a new iMac for 1100. <p><hr></blockquote><p>i am going to recommend he buy a new iMac. <br><br>Kate is no longer the high bidder. heh.<br><br>

Re: hey starmillway - 03/01/08 09:16 PM

Git outta here! No way!<br><br>Ha <br><br>Guess I'll have to wait for Tuesday and see what Apple announces!<br><br><br><br>

Re: hey starmillway - 03/02/08 07:54 PM

Just made my last bid! If I don't win now, I am out of the race . . . I'll go buy a lottery ticket instead <br><br><br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/04/08 10:25 AM

Someone goosed the bid again! Let's get it moving fast <br><br>eBayers:<br><br>What does it mean when my name changes to something other than starmillway in the list of those who've bid on a product?<br>I mean why do they do this? Just so we can't tell who is bidding? ???<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/04/08 10:54 AM

it shows up accurately for me. perhaps they just let the seller see things correctly? i just don't have the experience to know for sure. <br><br>i do note that they show only the bidders who had the last high bid that got beat. so, if you bid $300 first and someone came along and bid $20 and then $40 and another person came along and bid $150 their names would appear at $20, $40, and $150 and your name would then appear at $151 until someone bid more on up to $300. your name wouldn't appear in the end unless you were beat with a bid over $300.<br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/04/08 11:02 AM

That's a privacy thing with eBay, so other sellers can't steal your customers. <br><br><br><br>Don't be too circumspective - you'll end up traveling slower than the speed of life.

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/04/08 02:32 PM

Ah so. I cannot steal FSM's customers now. Drat! <br><br>Thanks<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/04/08 07:01 PM

okay, my auction ends tomorrow morning, which was stupid as it'll be 6:30 AM pacific time and i doubt anyone is up to snipe at that time. heh.<br><br>anyway, i am going to install 10.5 clean before i send it on. is there any way for me to install 10.5 and have the start up movie and set up stuff happen when they get the machine rather than me having to go through that stuff first?<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 03:51 AM

Yeah, you can just shut it down after it installs and before it restarts.<br><br>my photos

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 05:58 AM

You'll be able to quit the setup, Apple-Q, near the beginning, before you put in any info, and it will ask you if you're sure you want to quit or something like that. I forget where exactly but it is before entering anything in.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 06:07 AM

okay thanks guys. it's zeroing the data right now. that's a long process. but with just over an hour left on the auction, the computer is up to $1025. i am very pleasantly surprised. i am going to throw iLife '06 in with the shipment . . . and a 10.4 install DVD as well. <br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 06:11 AM

Nice price!<br><br>my photos

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 06:17 AM

i saw one that was a 2.0 Ghz and had some scratches go for just $600 yesterday when mine was sitting around $500 or so. i quickly lowered my expectations and crossed my fingers that i'd at least get up to around $800. so this is really a surprise. i hate selling stuff because i don't provide a warranty and i worry that a nearly 3 year old product is going to have issues in the next year or so (i feel the same way about selling my vehicles). ah well, it's not like i forced anyone to bid.<br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 06:37 AM

Exactly, that's why I put in my auctions AS IS, but I do state that it is in working condition when I sell it.<br><br>I have the DP 2ghz G5 and I'll probably keep it until it dies.<br><br>my photos

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 07:23 AM

final price: $1080 + $65 shipping. <br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 07:45 AM

holy ship!<br><br>my auction was canceled after it ended???<br><br>just got this from Ebay with no more explanation:<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>We have cancelled the listing(s) to maintain the integrity of the eBay site, your account, and the bidder?s account that was accessed. We are working to restore the bidding account to its rightful owner, and we are working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity. Since the account owner did not initiate these bids, all fees resulting from the listings in question will be credited to your account within 7 days. If you do not see the credits posted to your account after 7 days, please feel free to contact us through ?Contact Us? in our Help section.<br><br>Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to automatically relist these items for you. Instead, to relist these items you will need to start from the beginning of the listing process, either through the "Sell Your Item" process or through your third party listing service. We know that this is an inconvenience and we apologize for the negative impact it may cause you. We are working on tools to allow you to relist your items without starting from the beginning, but they are not available at this time.<br><br>Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received. If there are issues that have not been addressed by this message, you can contact us by clicking the "Help" link located at the top of most eBay pages and selecting "Contact Us" from the menu on the left hand side of the page.<br><br>We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.<br><br>Regards, <br><br>eBay Trust & Safety<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>i don't get it. i have to start all over i guess. <br><br>i hate Ebay.<br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 08:47 AM

That happened to my account, someone hijacked it. I had a pretty secure password too. Luckily I was home doing taxes so I was checking emails often, all of a sudden a half hour later I had won 9 laptops, they bid outrageously high amounts, and they had bid on 32 more. I was actually able to find a phone number a few clicks in and they locked my account out temporarily after calling me back on my phone number that was on my account. We got the password changed and all was well. They got in touch with all sellers and advised them. The thieves go after accounts that are not very active as they figure the buyers aren't checking up on it often.<br><br>What happens is you would have been paid but in a few days the funding would collapse, you would have shipped the product and been out of both money and machine.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 08:55 AM

that sux. <br><br>i am relisting on Ebay. i can't decide whether to do a Buy it now around $1025 or not. i think i'll email the winning bidder and ask if she is still interested since it may not have been her account hijacked. if she is then perhaps i can put up the lower Buy it now price and she can immediately buy it??? this is really confusing stuff for someone who isn't into Ebay and paypal stuff.<br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 09:03 AM

You might try a local craigslist. Selling high dollar items on ebay scares me. Scammers have many ways to negate funding. On ebay give it a few days before shipping and state in the description shipping will be on hold until funds clear.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 09:32 AM

Sorry 'bout that, F. Dang me. Well, good luck if ya give it a go again. I'll stay out of it this time. You learned some things to make a better presentation this time.<br><br>Craig's list has its pitfalls too. I've read about some really slick scams with them. But some have good luck. My son-in-law is selling a riding mower there now.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 10:20 AM

Dude, that sucks! <br><br>Try Craigslist for a week and see if you get any takers then try fleabay again.<br><br>my photos

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 10:43 AM

how do you take payment on Craigslist stuff? i was there just now and this popped out to me:<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.<p><hr></blockquote><p>i don't trust personal checks for $1,000 either. i can't accept credit cards. how are transactions usually handled on CL?<br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 10:45 AM

Demand cash.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 10:46 AM

And bring a friend along, no back alley drop offs. <br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 10:50 AM

cash. doh. i forgot it existed. heh.<br><br>thanks. i'll try craig's list first.<br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 11:04 AM

Be careful of high amounts in "buy it now" and the reserve, as they can result in higher eBay fees. I'd just put it back in, with a finish time of 2pm Saturday afternoon. Same price, same everything, only maybe some more detail about the hardware. <br><br><br><br>Don't be too circumspective - you'll end up traveling slower than the speed of life.

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 11:09 AM

One that made the news was where they met someplace to do the transaction and their home was robbed!<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 11:16 AM

Yup, cash is king. <br><br>I have bought and sold via Craigslist with no problems. Just use common sense with it.<br><br>my photos

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 11:22 AM

i'll let it sit in Craig's list and if nothing in the next few days then i'll relist on Ebay following your advice. i'll try and get the auction to end around 1:00 PM on Tuesday. That way I can get it shipped out next week as well.<br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 11:50 AM

Good point.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 11:55 AM

Also, make sure Ebay didn't ding you for any fees for the unsold item. sometimes their software can be a little enthusiastic...<br><br><br><br>Don't be too circumspective - you'll end up traveling slower than the speed of life.
Posted by: garyW

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 12:03 PM

Hey Sean, have you looked to see if there's a mac user's group nearby? When I needed to sell my G4 I placed a free ad on a MUG site and sold it in about a week for the going eBay price ... the guy also gladly freed me of all SCSI and Zip Disk items that I could dig up. <br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/05/08 03:59 PM

okay, i've posted twice to Craig's list and it's appearing at the item link emailed to me, but not when i do a search and not in the item list where folks can find it. <br><br>frustrating. i posted a question in their help forums and included a link to my item and my question was deleted and i received a note that i am too new to post that. if a newbie can't post questions then WTH, eh? !!!!!!<br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/06/08 12:41 PM

Wow!<br>This must be really aggravating for you, I know it would fluster me. I've been considering selling my G5 dual 2.0 as well. I've dealt through Craigslist before, but not for the bigger ticket items like our Macs.<br><br>I'm thinking of calling <a href="http://www.powermax.com/pages/uptrade" target="mac" <em>PowerMax</em></a> for a trade-in quote, I know the price will be lower but so will the hassle.<br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/06/08 02:13 PM

The link Ruben shows below is a Portland Oregon business, PowerMax. I found this ad:<br><br><br><br>Isn't that the one you're selling? Granted they are 'certifying' theirs but, . . . that's some price!<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by starmillway on 03/06/08 05:14 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/06/08 02:30 PM

yeah, maybe i should spend $140 to upgrade my RAM as that seems to add hundreds to the price. i have the same specs but 1.5 GB RAM and i am trying to get it on Craig's list for $1050 or $1200 with an older 22" Apple Cinema Display; though, i am not sure i'd sell the display since i bought it in 2001 . . . i just don't trust its longevity. <br><br>

Re: i am finally selling my G5 - 03/06/08 02:37 PM

Sell the computer separate from the display. You should make more. There is no guarantee that the extra ram will pay you back, but if you have an extra stick laying around, or if you can find one cheap at techbargains, it may be worth a try. <br><br><br><br>Don't be too circumspective - you'll end up traveling slower than the speed of life.

SCREW EBAY - 03/12/08 04:41 PM

once i again, i sell my computer on Ebay -- this time for $1030. 20 minutes later i get the following email from Ebay:<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>The results of the following listing(s) have been cancelled due to bidding activity that took place without the account owner's authorization:<br><br><br>130204887711 PowerMac G5 Dual 2.3 GHz Workhorse<br><br><br><br>We have cancelled the listing(s) to maintain the integrity of the eBay site, your account, and the bidder?s account that was accessed. We are working to restore the bidding account to its rightful owner, and we are working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity. Since the account owner did not initiate these bids, all fees resulting from the listings in question will be credited to your account within 7 days. If you do not see the credits posted to your account after 7 days, please feel free to contact us through ?Contact Us? in our Help section.<br><br>Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to automatically relist these items for you. Instead, to relist these items you will need to start from the beginning of the listing process, either through the "Sell Your Item" process or through your third party listing service. We know that this is an inconvenience and we apologize for the negative impact it may cause you. We are working on tools to allow you to relist your items without starting from the beginning, but they are not available at this time.<br><br>Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received. If there are issues that have not been addressed by this message, you can contact us by clicking the "Help" link located at the top of most eBay pages and selecting "Contact Us" from the menu on the left hand side of the page.<br><br>We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.<br><br>Regards, <br><br>eBay Trust & Safety<br><br><p><hr></blockquote><p>i can't take them any more. i can't get my listings to show up on Craig's list. i guess i am stuck with this damn computer. <br><br>

Re: SCREW EBAY - 03/12/08 04:44 PM

Weird, you are having some issues that's for sure. I haven't had that problem with ebay and I have sold a few things on craigslist.<br><br>Try powermax up in Oregon. Powermax.com<br><br>my photos
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: SCREW EBAY - 03/12/08 08:51 PM

FSM, Try posting in the eBay forums about your problem. I've got some good advice there in the past. <br><br>

Re: SCREW EBAY - 03/12/08 09:09 PM

i just posted my troubles on their forums. thanks.<br><br>i figured out why my craigslist post wasn't appearing. apparently you can't mention Ebay in your description. i mentioned that i was frustrated with Ebay so i was turning to craigslist . . . that was keeping my craigslist item to not appear. all is fine now and it's finally posted on craigslist. i worry that my community is not big enough to sell this but we'll see.<br><br>

Re: SCREW EBAY - 03/12/08 09:49 PM

Is there a bigger community nearby?<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: SCREW EBAY - 03/12/08 10:17 PM

FSM, see what happens when you're honest? I agree that honesty is the best policy, so why are there rules against it? Go figure. What a world.... I don't think you'll have any trouble selling that G5, once you cut through all the red tape. Heck, I'd buy it if I didn't already have a Mac Pro. <br><br>I recently sold my husband's Sirius satellite radio on eBay because he wasn't using it and I didn't want to pay the subscription fees for something he wasn't using. I would have given it away, but I figured that I'd try selling it on eBay first. I couldn't believe how much we got for it. No one bid on it until the last few hours, and then all hell broke loose. I also sold an original Apple Airport card on eBay for a heck of a lot more than I thought I'd get for it. They seem to wait for the last few minutes to start the bidding wars, from what I gather.<br><br>

Re: SCREW EBAY - 03/12/08 10:24 PM

I decide what I want to pay max, and set JBidwatcher to bid 8 seconds before it's over. If I get it great, if not then at least I don't get caught up in bidding too much just to "win."<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: SCREW EBAY - 03/12/08 10:29 PM

I bid on a D-Link router that I seriously hope someone outbids me on because I already ordered a Time Capsule from Apple. But, what the heck, I only bid $20 on it, so it would be a nice backup router if I win the auction.... <br><br>