iMacsoontobe once again

Posted by: iMacsoontobe

iMacsoontobe once again - 01/16/08 04:41 AM

It is time.<br><br>Should I jump in or is an upgrade imminent?<br><br>Thinking of getting the 20'' 2.4Ghz and throwing in an additional 2gig stick from OWC or Crucial. Amazon seems to have the best deal with the rebate and no tax, no shipping. <br>Intel just released Penryn which isn't much of a speed bump just a power saver and Apple hasn't even put them in the MacBook Pros yet. So it looks like no updates soon, even if Macrumors says there are. Am I missing anything?<br><br>TIA<br><br>Joe<br><br>
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/16/08 06:56 AM

I guess anything's possible--MR says the current iMacs are almost 6 months old, which surprises me. They still seem new to me, along with those thin keyboards!<br><br>But I too suspect you'd get a good few months before "obsolescence."<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/16/08 07:19 AM

You know how it goes; a new model will be released one week after you buy yours. But who cares? The new iMac 2.4GHz are GREAT machines! Just do it!!! <br><br>- alec -
Posted by: Jashue

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/16/08 10:37 AM

Buy it! <br><br>Alec is right! After you buy it, a new one will be released.<br><br>My 800 G4 is getting kind of old-- so if its not too much to ask, let us know if/when you're going to pull the trigger!<br><br>

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/18/08 07:52 AM

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!<br><br>Now what ram crucial or OWC?<br><br>Also would still like some help with that safari question.<br><br>Peace,<br><br>Joe<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/18/08 08:05 AM

Congratulations!<br><br>Did you go for the 20"?<br><br>You will need to share unpacking photos per MacMinute rules!<br><br>_______<br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/18/08 08:11 AM

Wow iMac... Congrats... so is this your 2nd iMac-soon to be ? <br><br>I planned my next Mac sometime in 2009 to be an 24" iMac, but that Quad Mac Pro for a little over $2K is very tempting.<br>Don't know what I'll do... still 18+ months off. by then I may can get one for $1800 0r less.<br><br>Have fun !!<br><br>David (OFI)

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/18/08 08:11 AM

Got the 2.4 20'' going to add a 2gig stick of ram<br><br>Can't wait!<br><br>I imagine that it would come preloaded with Leopard, at least that is what the most recent reviews on Amazon are saying.<br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/18/08 11:09 AM

I don't about your particular iMac but mine came with 2 GB of RAM. It had a gig stick in each slot. <br><br>I ended up buying 4 GB of RAM from OWC for 105 dollars. The price included S&H. <br><br>I believe OWC also has a trade-in policy for RAM but I wasn't able to take advantage of that benefit because I didn't know about it.<br><br><br>M i c h a e l (OFI)

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/18/08 11:52 AM

Hi David,<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Hope all is well with you.<br><br>

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/18/08 12:05 PM

This one will have a 1 gig stick from Apple, I'm hoping adding the 2gig giving me 3gig is more than enough for me.<br><br>

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/18/08 12:06 PM

Hi Alec,<br><br>Hope all is well and HAPPY NEW YEAR! <br><br>So this is the new place, not bad.<br><br>Well as you can see I did it, can't wait.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Piper_14

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/18/08 02:18 PM

Congrats on the new iMac, iMac! As it was said, we now need some unpacking pictures! Was the shipping express, or just plain ground?<br><br><br>My Wii: 5721 8516 7937 9434 (PM me if you Wii)
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/18/08 03:16 PM

Now what ram crucial or OWC?<br><br>Which ever one has the best price.<br><br>I could have given you a great deal on my G4 frankenMac. <br><br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/18/08 04:00 PM

Go for it. That sounds like a great deal. <br><br>I love Amazon. There are so many good deals to be found there. <br><br>

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/18/08 06:51 PM

Hey Piper_13 <br><br>I order it free shipping so I suppose that is ground, hopefully I'll see it by the end of next week.<br><br><br><br>

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/18/08 06:54 PM

Yes there are.<br><br>Open the Amazon card to get my $30 and there is a $75 rebate, plus free shipping and no tax!<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/18/08 08:48 PM

Congrats on your purchase! You're going to thoroughly enjoy the new iMac. <br><br>- alec -
Posted by: ScoutX

Re: iMacsoontobe once again - 01/20/08 06:41 PM

Congrats, iMac. It'll be a big difference over your 800MHz G4 iMac. You'll love it.<br><br>Who serves his fellows, is of his fellows greatest - Chingachgook (by legend) <br><br>Scout