iBook U key

Posted by: Anonymous

iBook U key - 08/29/01 09:10 PM

OK, my 2 year old ripped the U key off my blue iBook and now the little prongs are gone and it cannot be reattached. I called Apple to get a new U key and found out that they don't sell replacement keys. $90 for a new keyboard is my only option. If anyone has any helpful advice about how to obtain a new key I would appreciate it.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: iBook U key - 09/01/01 12:27 PM

Check out:<br>http://www.digitalhipps.com/english/english01.htm<br><br>They sell replacement key caps, just like you need. Several color and font choices, defintiely a way to personalize your iBook. They won't sell you individual key caps, but you can buy a "block" of them (in your case, all the letter keys) for $29.<br><br>If your iBook is under warranty, Apple should send you a replacement keyboard. The Enter key on my iBook (ice) broke off from normal wear and tear and they replaced it.<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: iBook U key - 09/03/01 05:32 PM

pretty cool misha... now if I hadn't sold that iBook....<br><br>***<br>"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"<br> --Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales<br>
Posted by: jeffhot

Re: iBook U key - 09/19/01 08:27 AM

or you could always make a trip to you friendly neighborhood CompUSA. No wait, that would be wrong, so don't do it!!<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: iBook U key - 09/19/01 08:16 PM

LOL... I know someone that did this recently... how funny that you might suggest that... <br><br>***<br>"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"<br> --Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales<br>