Which CDR/RW should I burn

Posted by: Anonymous

Which CDR/RW should I burn - 08/09/01 03:12 PM

A few months ago I brought a cdrw. It came with 50 CDRs and 1 CDRW, both where no name brands. I haven't had any burning problem with disks. Now I 'll need to purchase a supply of disks. I heard good things about TDK and Memorex. Just recently I saw Kodak offers a CDR with Silver and Gold surfaces plus Info Guard protection system to guards against scratches and fingerprint.<br>All the name brand CDs are priced about the same. Which one should I purchase? Or does it really matter what CDs I purchase?<br><br>Be nice to your PC friend they have mothers too!
Posted by: bdog

Re: Which CDR/RW should I burn - 08/09/01 06:34 PM

Well, I always look for the "rebate" deals, usually at best buy! ONE THING THOUGH! I NEVER buy those CDs with no top to them at all. those suck! My last purchase was a 50 pack of PNY CD-Rs, wich are 700MB/80Min, and 12x compatible. Guess how much I spent? $8!!!!!!!! (after rebate)<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Which CDR/RW should I burn - 08/09/01 07:10 PM

Myself and the 3 other techs that I work with, buy about 1000 bulk K-Hypermedia 80min/700mb 12x Cdrs every 3 months or so. We pay about 40 dollers for the whole thing. These are good cds i never have any problems with them.<br><br><br>I just use a DVD-RAM disk if its something that is just temp.<br><br>Oni<br><br><br>We got death star, We got death star
Posted by: jeffhot

Re: Which CDR/RW should I burn - 09/19/01 08:36 AM

I always just buy the cheapest ones. I like the generic ones with no branding or labels on the top at all. They always work fine for me, and the ones with some brand label on the top started out plain and generic just like the other ones. So save your money, draw your own designs on the CD, and get the cheapo generic ones. I would buy them all the time, but often they aren't available by me.<br><br>