I got my iBook!!

Posted by: bdog

I got my iBook!! - 06/28/01 02:37 PM

I finally got my iBook (after waiting 3 weeks!!). I am VERY satisfied with it! I am right now in my boss's office, typing this up while the iBook is in my lap (I have AirPort). It is very nice, and isn't like the other iBook that my boss bought for the special ed teachers that "wobbled". I mean, it wouldn't sit flat on a flat surface!! (becuase one of the feet is on the battery, and it wansn't in there solid. I was just making this post to let people ask me questions about it, and to hear your comments! HAVE A NICE DAY!<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: I got my iBook!! - 06/28/01 02:51 PM

It's about time , enjoy the power of mobile computing...<br><br>Oni<br><br>We got the Death Star, We got the Death Star.
Posted by: siletz

Re: I got my iBook!! - 06/28/01 07:05 PM

Keep us posted of the pros and cons bdog<br><br>Bondi "B" Maxed out

Re: I got my iBook!! - 06/29/01 12:38 AM

So far, so good. One minor problem, when I push down the spacebar, it SOMETIMES hit's the edge of the casing, and that just bugs me, but it still works perfectly fine!. I stll have yet to try out the sycronisation. Also, I am going to be doing some hard core networking with it (network assistant on about 500 computers) and I will let you know how that goes (probably bad, since net assis sucks!)<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]
Posted by: Entish

Re: I got my iBook!! - 06/29/01 06:17 AM

and a new look! well then I hope it is a lot faster than the walking backwards through molasses that is the speed of setting up iDisk...<br><br>like it?<br><br>
Posted by: scaught

Re: I got my iBook!! - 06/29/01 08:24 AM

i saw one in person last night for the first time while walking around downtown ann arbor. someone was using it sitting at a table outside drinking a coffee. i wanted to walk up and touch it and whatnot but decided to let him enjoy the glory of his ibook all for himself. it looks alot smaller than i figured it would be. it makes sense to me after i saw it though. same screen as the old ibook, but they chopped off all that extra roundy plastic. very sharp looking. the lit up apple was so beautiful. it was near night and it was lit so bright and pretty. ahh. i want one.<br><br>

Re: I got my iBook!! - 06/29/01 09:37 AM

Yes, it is smaller than you expect, after you use it, it seems to get bigger :-) OMFG!!! I HAVE AREADY MANAGED TO PUT A "NICK" INTO THE SCREEN!!! It isn't even 1 day old!! I am sooo dumb. Oh well, u can only notice it from a certain angle, and if the pixels behind it are completely white! You don't notice it if your NOT looking for it . Still, so far, so good!<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: I got my iBook!! - 06/29/01 10:04 AM

I have a terrible twitch in my left eye. Am considering suing you because I believe your "picture" has caused this.<br><br>Please send your snail address and name of your lawyer to me asap!<br><br>;-)<br><br>Kate<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>and a new look! well then I hope it is a lot faster than the walking backwards through molasses that is the speed of setting up iDisk...<br>like it?<p><hr></blockquote><p>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: I got my iBook!! - 06/29/01 05:12 PM

bdog... that sucks... truly...<br><br>***<br>"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much." --Mother Teresa

this any better Kate? - 06/30/01 07:15 AM

just playing with a thought that Bdog gave me by using a "?"<br> I always wanted to make a blinkng "?"<br>:)<br><br>

Pullin yer leg - 06/30/01 11:41 AM

you know, don't cha?<br><br>What are you using to make the animated gifs? I had the latest gifBuilder and had to go back to previous version cause it was flakey.<br><br>This one you made is smoother though. Both are pretty nifty.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Pullin yer leg - 06/30/01 12:10 PM

heh... funny how a thread about an ibook transforms into a thread about animated gifs.<br><br>If you want to talk about animated gifs, please start a new thread <br><br>Let's police our own threads folks... I know I'm guilty of this too. I'll try to be better <br><br>***<br>"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much." --Mother Teresa

Re: Pullin yer leg - 06/30/01 12:47 PM

we or I at least am just jealous of the iBook so I was happy to talk about anything else since I know stuff all about iBooks anywaygrinz<br>and yes Kate they were just done in ImageReady2.0, nothing special and there were actually three I just didn't paste the right url for the second one, till now;<br><br>

Re: check ur link - 06/30/01 01:27 PM

your link is incomplete<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>and yes Kate they were just done in ImageReady2.0, nothing special and there were actually three I just didn't paste the right url for the second one, till now;<p><hr></blockquote><p> <br><br>"http://www.dragnet.com.au/~xxxxxxxxx/images/macmade.gif"><br><br>The link is dead due to a dinky little bugga boo ;-) in the html (cafe) code. The macmade in sig is of course okay.<br><br>Kate<br><br>

Re: check ur link - 06/30/01 02:25 PM

The iBook is still great. I recommend getting "jeremy's csm bundle" for anyone who has a laptop!!!! It is sooo cool!!!!!!!! The battery on the book also charges really fast! I like it! I can use the book off of the battery for a long time! I will let you know if I run into any negatives things about it though!<br><br>Wait, I just remembered. The eject key (upper right) is NEEDED to open the Optical drive tray (unless the old paperclip) but it often isn't responsive. So my fix? I ues this CSM that opens the tray, and it works everytime! If anyone needs it, email me!<br><br>Oh, and location manager is awsome (with a different location CSM of course :-)!!!!!!!<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bdog on 06/30/01 05:29 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: check ur link - 06/30/01 07:35 PM

ok yes I like Jeremy's control strips I always have used the ones he lets me have for free and have often wanted to buy a book type of computer just to try them all out.<br>Sorry about the link thingy I did fix it... or at least I thought I did... before I went to bed, it was 4 am .... Hey STAN! I would like a one day time limit! After all if it is only for one hour, then why don't you take out the "mark as edited" as that is what it is there for isn't it? I mean there are only a few of us here so far but there may be a pile of unfixed errors soon if you DON"T allow us to fix our mistakes within one 24 hour day... tell all the punters that they have to make any changes within one day and tell the forum software to remove the F**##*ING Edit your reply button after that period nothing worse than a mindless bot telling you to piss off when the edit button is still plain to see.!! try again<br>[color:red]but don't blame me if mac.com plays up as though I copied the link from there it just told me it could not find my member page ... I am going back to bed then when I get up again I am going to stip this computer down and overhaul its hardware ....damn thing is groaning and making too many errors! If I don't come back then maybe I have gone to buy an iBook .. </font color=red><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Entish on 06/30/01 11:01 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>