Ibook Auto adapter

Posted by: Anonymous

Ibook Auto adapter - 06/28/01 09:10 AM

Have a new ibook/500/256/DVD machine. I really like the machine, but the AC adapter plug has been resized and so the prior car/airplane adaptors for the old ibooks and powerbooks no longer work with this machine (or the new G4 Titanium, I understand). Does anyone know companies that manufacture these adaptors other than BTI and Belkin. Thank you for your help. These two companies have not produced an updated product yet.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

iBook Auto Adapter... - 07/03/01 12:33 PM

I bought a G4 PowerBook when they first hit the street and had was a little upset my last expensive auto/airplane adapter wouldnt work. I was moving (driving) from Silicon Valley back to the east coast and my wife wanted to work on a design for a website she was contracted for. So I purchased an adapter at an auto parts store that turns a cigarette lighter into TWO standard electrical plugs. It was cheaper than the adapter I purchased for my pismo, and I was able to power my TiBook and a large firewire drive as well. <br><br>The next week I had to make the trip again, this time with two small kids (3 and 7). I used the TiBook to play movies and Playstation games. I placed the TiBook on the center console facing the rear of the car and used a casette/portable cd player car adapter to play the audio over the cars speakers from the headphone out jack.<br>Pretty cool.<br><br>Moof<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: iBook Auto Adapter... - 07/04/01 07:44 AM

hey there moof... good to see you on these boards...<br><br>Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree on the suggestion on buying a true power converter for the car. It's usually a little bulkier than the customized adapter, but at the same time, it has so many uses, and once you get the battery for your portable computer charged up, you can then start charging all of your other peripherals (digital camera, camcorder, MP3 player, etc...) and eventually plug the computer back in. It will make your life much easier on those long trips, and can be left in the trunk of the vehicle for that day that you didn't know you were going to need it.<br><br>Also, they can be bought pretty cheaply depending on the manufacturer, retailer, season and sales... I think I got mine for about $40 and it works perfectly.<br><br><br><br>***<br>"Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged." --Ronald Reagan