You are an idiot if you don't take the free gift

Posted by: adzoox

You are an idiot if you don't take the free gift - 08/21/04 06:25 AM

Concerning Apple's delay on the new G5's - you are an idiot if you don't take shipment now - get the free ATI card - then get the FREE shipment of the Nvidia card when it ships.<br><br>Those ATI cards get $100 on eBay!<br><br><br><br>www.adzoox.com & www.jackwhispers.com
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: You are an idiot if you don't take the free gift - 08/21/04 09:58 AM

Well, considering a lot of people getting the 2.5ghz are only getting it because they have to in order to use the 30" LCD, the ATI card does them no good, free or not.<br><br>FWIW, I would take it anyway.... and use it as a second video card in the same machine... I'm imagining the video wall I could create! <br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: You are an idiot if you don't take the free gi - 08/21/04 12:14 PM

adzoox: so, did you take the free gift or you are an idiot? :)<br><br>

Re: You are an idiot if you don't take the free gi - 08/21/04 01:14 PM

I took the free gift and think you are an idiot ;)<br><br>www.adzoox.com & www.jackwhispers.com
Posted by: hayesk

Re: You are an idiot if you don't take the free gift - 08/21/04 01:16 PM

Alas, isn't there only one AGP slot? You can't use both cards. <br><br>But, you can run your 30" at a lower resolution with the ATI until your nVidia card ships.<br><br><br>

Re: You are an idiot if you don't take the free gift - 08/21/04 01:29 PM

But the point is you could use the monitor or another monitor that's better suited for the ATI card for just a few short weeks, then have a very nice AGP card to either upgrade an older Mac or sell on eBay or give to service guy [me] as a credit. I've told two customers that I will give them a service credit for the cards if they just go ahead and accept the shipment early.<br><br><br><br>www.adzoox.com & www.jackwhispers.com
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: You are an idiot if you don't take the free gift - 08/22/04 06:43 AM

[color:blue]But, you can run your 30" at a lower resolution with the ATI</font color=blue><br><br>Not sure that's true ... Apple is saying that the nvidia card is a requirement for that display ...<br><br>***matt<br><br>Turn up the signal, wipe out the noise ...

Re: You are an idiot if you don't take the free gift - 08/23/04 05:54 AM

Yes, you can run it with another card at a lower rez - but you could just use another CRT monitor for a few weeks too while the Nvidia cards come in.<br><br>www.adzoox.com & www.jackwhispers.com