APS 6GB SCSI Hard Drive formatting

Posted by: iRock

APS 6GB SCSI Hard Drive formatting - 06/17/01 08:10 PM

Hi all, we just got a used APS hard drive for my nieces 8500 and it says to format before use. Is there anywhere she can go for instructions on how to do this? Does she need to download any drivers? We are new to this so we would be grateful for any help. <br>Thanks in advance<br><br>Cheers, iRock
Posted by: bdog

Re: APS 6GB SCSI Hard Drive formatting - 06/17/01 09:10 PM

If it's an IDE hard drive, just stick it into the computer, and boot up from a CD and then if the Finder doesn't ask you to erase it, then just open drive setup, and use that to formatt it! Good luck!<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]
Posted by: iRock

Re: APS 6GB SCSI Hard Drive formatting - 06/17/01 10:10 PM

Thanks, it's external but I found some resorces at APStechs website and there is a section set up for this brand at macfixit so hopefully it will get her through this.<br>In case some else reads this looking for help on this subject here's the list of places on APS' website<br>http://www.apstech.com/support/index.cfm<br>'preciate the help anyway bdog should've specified external <br>nite/nite<br><br><br>Cheers, iRock