why dont those cool looking speakers come with...

Posted by: gnfnr2k

why dont those cool looking speakers come with... - 03/10/04 07:12 PM

Why dont they come with the macs?<br>Or do they?<br>I never got them.<br><br>
Posted by: rman

Re: why dont those cool looking speakers come with... - 03/10/04 07:46 PM

What speakers are those?<br><br>

Re: why dont those cool looking speakers come with... - 03/10/04 07:54 PM

<br>those clear circle ones<br><br>
Posted by: rman

Re: why dont those cool looking speakers come with... - 03/10/04 08:01 PM

These:<br><br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: why dont those cool looking speakers come with... - 03/10/04 10:49 PM

they only work with macs with internal amplifiers. like the iMac or the G4's. you can't use them directly with a G5 or a Powerbook. they sound impressive for their size, but for real base and volume you need to get a bigger system.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: why dont those cool looking speakers come with... - 03/11/04 05:31 AM

they are an extra..of course<br>they have a subwoofer as well i beleive that runs them<br><br>Apple Pro Speakers feature powerful Harman Kardon audio technology. They connect to your Power Mac G4 desktop systems using a single cable which provides 20 watts of sound (10 watts/channel) to the speakers with a frequency range of 70 hertz to 20 kilohertz. The Apple Pro Speakers can be used in conjunction with the Harmon Kardon iSub system to enrich your audio experience even more. The analog-based speakers require systems with an Apple speaker minijack.<br><br>

Re: why dont those cool looking speakers come with... - 03/11/04 06:07 AM

What are some good speakers to get then?<br>i have those cambridge soundwork ones but they are starting to crap out on me.<br><br>Ps The reason i asked about them for the G5 is because at Comp USA they had those speakers set up to the G5s.<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by gnfnr2k on 03/11/04 09:08 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: JohnR

Re: why dont those cool looking speakers come with... - 03/11/04 06:20 AM

Depends on how much you want to spend and if you want the 3 speaker setup or 5.1 (4 satellites and one woofer).<br><br>Klipsch speakers are awesome..and they are at the Applestore online.<br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: why dont those cool looking speakers come with... - 03/11/04 03:55 PM

I have <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005B9AQ/ref=pd_sxp_elt_l1/102-2696510-0042543" target="speakers"><em>THESE</em></a> and they work great on my G5.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: why dont those cool looking speakers come with... - 03/12/04 01:27 AM

You can now also get SoundSticks II which are similar but have a standard <br>3.5 mm Jack and so can be used for any computer.<br><br>"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Re: why dont those cool looking speakers come with - 03/12/04 07:24 AM

I have them and the iSub. Sound pretty good, I like them a lot. <br><br>

Re: why dont those cool looking speakers come with... - 03/13/04 04:59 AM

so where do your goldfish live now?<br><br>