Logitech keyboard

Posted by: yoyo52

Logitech keyboard - 02/24/04 02:53 PM

I just got a logitech keyboard and am wondering about installing the drivers. The logitech homepage says that the software is good for Jag, but says nothing at all about Panther. Is it ok to install it?<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Logitech keyboard - 02/24/04 03:58 PM

Install it and get back to us on what happened. <br><br><br><br>I don't really know, but if it says only for Jag and not for Panther, you might have problems I guess. <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Logitech keyboard - 02/24/04 04:00 PM

When it comes to a keyboard driver how much could it possibly change?<br><br>*famous last words!*<br><br>

Re: Logitech keyboard - 02/24/04 04:19 PM

Well, I went over to Versiontracker and there were comments from people who'd installed the drivers on Panther and said it was ok, so I did it. And it is ok. The problem I have now is how to configure some of the keys, especially the function keys. At this point, I can't use Expose <br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Logitech keyboard - 02/24/04 05:50 PM

I have a Logitech keyboard with Panther. It works, mostly, but for some reason I can't start up from a CD or in terminal with it. Must have something to do with when the drivers load.<br><br>

Re: Logitech keyboard - 02/24/04 06:49 PM

Hmmm that's not good.<br><br>I've figured out how to use the Function keys as function keys, though--step in the right direction.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Logitech keyboard - 02/24/04 10:21 PM

works perfectly for me<br><br> What?<br>Visit My Web Site!

Re: Logitech keyboard - 02/25/04 04:40 AM

Haven't tried to boot from CD yet using the keyboard, but so far it's terrific.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Logitech keyboard - 02/25/04 06:11 AM

I've always had trouble booting from CD using the "C" key startup process whenever I have used a 3rd party keyboard - but I think it's because I always had them plugged into a USB hub, rather than directly into the Mac. With my wireless Logitech KB, it's plugged in directly to the mac so I haven't had a problem using the C key.<br><br> What?<br>Visit My Web Site!
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Logitech keyboard - 02/25/04 10:07 AM

My Logitech Elite is plugged in directly to the Mac and won't boot using the "C" key. Someone suggested it may have to do with when the Logitech driver loads in the startup sequence. I just chalk it up to another gremlin to be aware of and keep the old keyboard around in case it's needed.<br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: Logitech keyboard - 02/25/04 03:28 PM

Perhaps someone with apple technical experience could elaborate on the subject but I would imagine when holding down the "c" key you are invoking a set of logarithmic routines that can only be accessed via the Mac's ROM and since a third party keyboard would require it's own proprietary software routines to operate it's left out of the boot-up sequence. <br><br>Unlike apple keyboards whose drivers are probably imbedded in the logarithmic routines or ROM anyway.<br><br><br><br>[color:blue]Art is about making something out of nothing then selling it. Frank Zappa</font color=blue>