New Powerbook to be introduced!

Posted by: Anonymous

New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/28/02 06:02 AM

"mosr.com" posted the rumour that Apple is going to introduce it's new Powerbook-line within 2-6 weeks. About the tech-specs they said the following:<br><br>"The time is ripe for Apple to pack more punch in the Powerbook lineup - expect processors at up to 1GHz (although 933MHz is a popular conservative projection these days), an updated display....and if Apple can manage it, the company is widely believed to want to get its hands on a suitable amount of portable DVD-RW drives it can dub its "ultraslim Superdrive". We'll be talking much more about the future of the Powerbook family later this week.<br><br>Also, there has been some speculation recently that Apple may be able to adapt the 167MHz frontside bus used in the new Dual 1.0 and 1.25GHz PowerMacs to the Powerbook. If so, it would likely be in the high-end model, and also only if the processors reach 1GHz -- 920MHz and 833MHz seem unlikely speeds under the circumstances."<br><br>Well if somebody knows more about the tech-specs or other features please mail me.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/28/02 07:13 AM

mosr also thought the iPod was going to be the iWalk. They also said the latest round of PowerMacs would be 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6 ghz... don't believe everything you read on the rumor sites. They are wrong more often than not.<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/28/02 10:02 AM

I agree with MacGizmo...most,if not all, rumor sites get it wrong..but more so with MOSR.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/28/02 12:46 PM

Hope springs eternal in teh Mac user's heart. MOSR is just more hopeful than most <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/28/02 04:43 PM

Yeah... Ryan takes Apple's "Think Different" slogan a little too seriously! <br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/28/02 05:19 PM

I've got some great predictions:<br><br>the iBook and TiBook will be upgraded at some point in the future... specs aren't clear though...<br><br>MacOS X 10.2.1 will be released shortly (not real definite on the timeline, but before you know it, it'll be here).<br><br>My wife will come home tonight and ask me to cook her dinner... That one you can take to the bank.<br><br>heh<br><br>"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/28/02 06:41 PM

So, John, shall we expect the JEMacWhisperPage sometime soon?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/28/02 09:56 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>My wife will come home tonight and ask me to cook her dinner... That one you can take to the bank.<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>My wife will have a headache some night in the near future... you can bet your retirement on it!<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/29/02 05:43 AM

lol... like I have time to run a rumor website... hehehe<br><br>you notice how often I've posted here in the past week haven't you? busy, busy busy...<br><br>"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/29/02 07:01 AM

Yep, I figured you were frying fish somewhere else.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/29/02 09:41 PM

just busy as hell with work kind sir.... i sell advertising space in the travel industry, and things are finally picking up again ;)<br><br>"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/29/02 09:42 PM

What pubs?<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/29/02 09:45 PM

macgiz... not really ready to share all of my life with you guys ;)<br><br>though, if you really wanted to know you could find out I'm sure... (check my website for posts about where I work, or my employer).<br><br>"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/29/02 09:45 PM

That's good to hear. You're missed here, though <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/29/02 09:50 PM

I only ask because I have a few clients in the travel industry and I'm in the advertising biz...<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/29/02 09:50 PM

By the way, I love that Dictionary.com bookmarklet on your site...<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 02:38 AM

oh yeah...kiss his butt why dont you? LOL<br><br>J/K<br><br>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 06:38 AM

have you tried it... very cool!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 06:50 AM

uh...noooo. I'll pass on that LOL<br><br>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 06:56 AM

Not THAT... you freakin PERVERT!!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 07:36 AM

you guys are too damn funny ... ROFLMAO<br><br>"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 08:22 AM

Well, gee..it was posted after my butt kissing post..what was I supposed to think? <br><br>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 08:23 AM

Move along... nothing to see here... move along!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 08:34 AM

Yeah..move along..too much butt kissing by MacGizmo for anyone to see..move along now <br><br>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 08:40 AM

... lame.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 08:45 AM

awww come on..surely you cracked a smile??<br><br>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 09:12 AM

nope!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 09:14 AM

<br><br>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 09:15 AM

The only crack around here is the stuff your smokin!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 07:39 PM

There's another crack involved in waht OSXaddict's talking about bussing, but we won't go there <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 08/30/02 08:35 PM

Yes... I've noticed he has a "thing" about "crack" of any variety!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 09/02/02 11:12 AM

I take it that we've given up on the powerbook speculation…<br><br>stop that vesch before I viddy over and smash you something horrorshow

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 09/02/02 01:08 PM

You mean someone was speculating about PBs? Must have been MOSR <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 09/02/02 04:39 PM

See comment #2, waaaaaayyyy up at the top!!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 09/02/02 04:40 PM

You don't mean to accuse MOSR of – gulp – speculation, do you???<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 09/02/02 04:52 PM

Speculation comes from the latin for mirror. So yes, I think they probably do speculate, given that what they put out is such ________. You fill in the blank <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 09/02/02 05:16 PM

"They"???? You're giving him too much credit. He (ryan) rus that dump outta his garage.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 09/02/02 06:59 PM

Oops <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 09/05/02 12:48 AM

keep giving up on new powerbooks for the immediate future...<br><br>"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 09/05/02 06:00 PM

can't you meanies just let me plunge blindly after rumors, hopelessly becoming mired in all the journalistic integrity this thing we call "internet" or the "world wide web" has to offer?<br><br>stop that vesch before I viddy over and smash you something horrorshow

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 09/05/02 06:06 PM

In brief: No.<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 09/05/02 08:03 PM

are you smokin crack?<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 09/07/02 03:50 PM

aaaaawwwwwwwww, jeez!<br><br>stop that vesch before I viddy over and smash you something horrorshow

Re: New Powerbook to be introduced! - 09/07/02 04:21 PM

<br><embed src="http://www.jdempsey.com/sigs/stupidshoes.wav" width=320 height=25 controller><br><br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>