Ram!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous

Ram!!!!!!!!!!! - 06/02/01 10:29 AM

Hehe i have 3GB's of ram in my hand right now (24x128) i feel powerful :-)<br><br>Now i have to go and install it. o' well back to work i go....<br><br>Oni<br><br>this is my signature do you like it?
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Ram!!!!!!!!!!! - 06/02/01 11:21 AM

I assume you are installing in multiple machines?<br><br>I'm soo tempted to buy 512MB of ram right now ($120 is hard to pass up!)<br><br>

Re: Ram!!!!!!!!!!! - 06/02/01 11:34 AM

Yup there all going to to different machines!!!<br><br>$120 don't pass that up i picked up 512mb a couple of weeks ago for $135.<br><br>Oni<br><br>this is my signature do you like it?
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Ram!!!!!!!!!!! - 06/02/01 11:36 AM

yeah..but I have 512MB now..and have been told I don't need it as I'm just a home user.<br><br>

Re: Ram!!!!!!!!!!! - 06/02/01 05:18 PM

You can never have too much.<br>I just wish RAM here was that cheap...<br><br>Cipher13<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Ram!!!!!!!!!!! - 06/02/01 08:02 PM

so true... if you're using any computer... you'll find a use for the RAM, if nothing else, just leaving open apps as you use them... and yes you can have that many open... <br><br><br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: Ram!!!!!!!!!!! - 06/02/01 08:30 PM

My view on this is the more you have in you computer the better you system will run smoother and can will be able to have more apps. open at once. You can never have to much ram, and with todays prices you cant go wrong, sooner or later somthing is going to happen and ram prices are going to go up again. <br><br>Oni<br><br>this is my signature do you like it?
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Ram!!!!!!!!!!! - 06/02/01 10:57 PM

heh.. "something will happen and RAM prices will go up again" you mean like the OPEC of RAM producers will slow down production? Or Taiwan or China will go to war, and thus all of the RAM production will cease? heh... sound like someone is worried about a conspiracy to drive the price of RAM up... commodities are the funniest thing to watch prices on ... so many variables.... so little trust of the companies involved...<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: Ram!!!!!!!! - 06/03/01 05:20 AM

But what if DDR RAM suddenly makes the big time and normal PC100/133 is set aside on the production lines in favour of DDR?<br><br>If less is produced, its price will increase - and I don't think non-DDR mobo's can use DDR RAM - so we'll be forced to pay more because its not being produced anymore...<br><br><br>