Retouching final cut using Photoshop

Posted by: Anonymous

Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/23/03 03:57 PM

Urgent I need to know how to retouch my clips in final cut pro using photoshop. I have my time line already set but I need to retouch some images Any hints?<br><br>Thank you.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/24/03 07:16 AM

I don't know if this is worth the time and effort.<br><br>Most likely, you'd have to export to DV, then export from QT to a series of still frames, then retouch each individual frame (30 per second), then reimport the way you came..<br><br>At least that's the only way I can think of to do it right now..<br>What exactly are you looking to do? Retouch blemishes on someone's skin or color-correct? Because FCP's color-correction is pretty decent...<br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/24/03 08:13 AM

Exporting numbered image sequences<br> <br> A numbered image sequence exports your edited sequence as a series of numbered image files stored in a folder. Each image file contains one frame of your video. If your frames are interlaced, both fields are together in this file. <br> <br>Most numbered image sequences are exported uncompressed, so these files can be quite large.<br> <br> To export a numbered image sequence:<br> <br>1. Select a clip or sequence in the Browser or open a sequence in the Timeline.<br> 2. Do one of the following: To export the entire clip or sequence, clear all In and Out points.<br><br>To export part of the sequence or clip, set In and Out points.<br> For more information about In and Out points, see Setting and modifying In and Out points.<br><br>3. Choose Export from the File menu, then choose QuickTime from the submenu.<br><br> 4. Choose a location and enter a name for the file.<br><br> 5. Choose Image Sequence from the Format pop-up menu.<br><br> 6. Choose a setting from the Use pop-up menu.<br><br> 7. To select custom video, audio, and Internet streaming settings, click Options. In the Export Image Sequence Settings window, choose your settings, then click OK.<br><br>Format: Choose an image format from the pop-up menu.<br><br>Frames per second: Enter a value or choose an option from the pop-up menu for the frame rate for the images.<br><br>Options: Click here to set additional options, such as alternate bit depth or compression settings, if they are available for the selected format.<br><br>8. When you're ready to export, click Save.<br> A dialog box shows you the progress of the export. <br><br> Each file of the image sequence is named in the form of "Filename 001.ext," where "Filename" is the name you gave, the number (001) is the number of the frame, and ".ext" is an extension indicating the format.<br><br>From there you can open each frame in the sequence in Photoshop and do your retouching or whatever. Save your changes back into the same folder for later import to FCP.<br><br><br><br>"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/24/03 09:26 AM

Yeah that's what I was referring to, but did you miss the part where I said '30 frames per second'?!!! <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/24/03 10:05 AM

Oh c'mon, its probably only 29.97 fps. <br><br>
Posted by: rman

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/24/03 10:18 AM

That a lot of frames <br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/24/03 01:55 PM

depends how long the movie is. it might be just .2 seconds. that's only 4 frames to retouch. <br><br>[color:green]One man's compost is another man's potpourri.</font color=green>
Posted by: djstefan

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/24/03 03:39 PM

You can even work well with 24 fps<br><br><br><br>___________________________________________<br>I'm just another Mac user at an 8 hour day Dilbert style cubicle job....<br>

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/24/03 05:26 PM

can you say Adobe Actions?<br><br><br><br>"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/25/03 07:16 AM

Well, actions would work if you're doing something generic to each frame- like a color change or a brightness adjustment or whatever- but like I said, FCP3 and up has color correction tools built-in, and I would take a serious look at those before killing myself with 10 kajillion frames in Photoshop...<br><br>If you have to do something like remove a mole from someone's face in a video, good luck, because you're going to have to manually do it again and again and again using Photoshop...<br><br><br><br>

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/25/03 11:22 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>If you have to do something like remove a mole from someone's face in a video, good luck, because you're going to have to manually do it again and again and again using Photoshop...<p><hr></blockquote><p> <br><br>Can you say tin snips?<br><br><br><br>"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/26/03 09:44 AM

Yeh, I guess that the "first landing on the moon" would have looked a lot more realistic if they had photoshop. <br><br>___________________________________________<br>I'm just another Mac user at an 8 hour day Dilbert style cubicle job....<br>

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/26/03 11:19 AM

Speaking of moon landings, have you heard the Japanese want to do the same? How about they shoot for the same landing spot we used. <br><br><br><br>"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/26/03 01:27 PM

Well, our moon landing was just pure media propaganda which we are still not sure it really happened. The asians couldn't care less about propaganda as their main idea is to spread and colonize. Sending man into space is a piece of cake these days if you have the money. <br>A couple of big heads are already building Hotels in space. The starting price will be I belive 1 million a nite with a 3-7 nite stays and everything is already pre-booked for a few years. <br><br>___________________________________________<br>I'm just another Mac user at an 8 hour day Dilbert style cubicle job....<br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/26/03 02:17 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>we are still not sure it really happened<p><hr></blockquote><p>What do you mean "we," kemosabe.<br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/27/03 10:41 AM

Well, the footage given on TV is for sure not the real one, the question is though if they really did land on the moon that time. Landings on the moon were made, but not for sure at the same time as on TV.<br><br>___________________________________________<br>I'm just another Mac user at an 8 hour day Dilbert style cubicle job....<br>

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/27/03 06:55 PM

Ever hear of Occam's Razor?<br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/27/03 07:02 PM

one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything<br><br><br>___________________________________________<br>I'm just another Mac user at an 8 hour day Dilbert style cubicle job....<br>

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/27/03 07:43 PM

<embed src="http://www.ilovewavs.com/Effects/People/Cheering.wav" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false type="video/quicktime"><br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/28/03 08:11 AM

I'd like to hear your reasons for saying the TV footage is not real. Every theory that attempted to prove the moan landing was a hoax has been debunked.<br><br>More info at this site:<br>http://www.badastronomy.com<br><br><br><br>

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/28/03 08:26 AM

There's a fatal attraction to conspiracy theories of all sorts, I think. William of Occam would not have approved, methinks <br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/28/03 08:44 AM

One of my History professors in college gave a lecture about the different moon landing theories to show how history can be manipulated and seen in different points of view. He had some really interestin theories and had even visuals to prove his points. It was one of the most interesting lectures I have seen. <br>One proof was that the moon has only 1 sun, therefore I belive that shade can be going from one side only. From what was shown, it seems the moon had different suns, therefore we must have traveled into another galaxie!! Did we?<br><br><br>___________________________________________<br>I'm just another Mac user at an 8 hour day Dilbert style cubicle job....<br>

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/28/03 08:49 AM

A funny thing about shadows. I started going to high school football games this year (first time in 30 years that I've done such a thing). All the games were at night. And guess what--each player gave rise to multiple shadows. Honestly, I hadn't taken any drugs when I saw that, so I guess I must have tripped to a different galaxy without knowing it!<br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/28/03 08:57 AM

Or maybe there were big projector lights in the 4 corners of the field!?!? <br><br>___________________________________________<br>I'm just another Mac user at an 8 hour day Dilbert style cubicle job....<br>

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/28/03 09:07 AM

Nah--too easy.<br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/28/03 09:10 AM

And they didn't have lights for their cameras on the moon? And light doesn't reflect off the surface of the moon? And the shadows didn't go different directions on the moon because the surface is not completely flat?<br><br>Sorry, but your prof was taken in.<br><br>http://www.iangoddard.net/moon01.htm<br><br><br><br>

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/28/03 09:57 AM

There are proofs against the proofs for the proof of the proofs. smile Personally, I think that the lunar landing which was shown on TV is still a mistery. I mean, we are talking abot the Cold War time, aren't we? The same time where kids where taught in schools to hide under their desks in case of a nuclear attack! hehe Your 2 inch thick desk will protect you! smile <br>I mean, once again, the US did have a few lunar landings, but the question is when? This was a media thing just like with the Rover Mars exploration. The US did send the rover and all, no doubt about that, but they made it sound like the "1st" Mars exploration. <br><br>___________________________________________<br>I'm just another Mac user at an 8 hour day Dilbert style cubicle job....<br>

Re: Retouching final cut using Photoshop - 11/28/03 01:54 PM

I resents your implication that a prof. can be taken in. I resents that I do. <br><br> My name is yoyo. Nice to meet you.