Colorsync Problems

Posted by: MacGuru

Colorsync Problems - 05/28/01 09:48 AM

I have managed to screw up my colorsync prefs and can't seem to calibrate a profile that is correct, does anyone know how to reset the colorsync (this is more serious than it sounds it is on an iBook and i cant seem to calibrate a profile that has dark enough colors without making everything go slightly blue)<br><br>Also i have tried all of the obvious fixes (changing other monitor settings, restart etc.) but they do not seem to work.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Colorsync Problems - 05/28/01 11:06 AM

did you apply the most recent firmware update? have you deleted the Colorsync pref's? did you try a PRAM or NVRAM zap?<br><br>just wondering here, trying to get a handle on what you have done so far...<br>

Re: Colorsync Problems - 05/28/01 12:09 PM

also, have you deleted the Colorsync Pref's file? are you aware of a handy dandy little item named "Profile First Aid" (Apple software, you may find a copy of Profile First Aid on my iDisk's Public Folder, i am iTools member: nycdewd of course!), it may be of use to you IF you are having trouble with a particular Colorsync Profile, that is to say, if you are recalibrating an existing Profile... and finally, you could rip Colorsync out completely and reinstall it... i think that were i to do that somewhat drastic measure i'd first be sure to have the Colorsync installer on my desktop then restart with extensions off and then trash Colorsync (and by that i mean trash EVERY Colorsync-related file, use Sherlock to find them) and then reinstall Colorsync<br><br>

Re: Colorsync Problems - 06/01/01 02:38 PM

Did you go to the Colorsync Profiles folder in the System folder and trash the old profiles? Make sure you nab those "Display Profiles" as well. I have found that on my iBook, the screen doesn't really adjust all that well. I can get pretty darn good colour matching on my desktop (CRT's) but that pesky LCD screen just cannot be made to work, beyond getting the colour tempertaure about right. I just tend to use the iBook profile supplied with the system software.<br><br>John<br><br>