Mavericks .3 update released.

Posted by: steveg

Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/16/14 08:05 AM

I'm-a-gonna continue to wait and watch. Will track the Apple support boards for the next month or so to see if any more significant fixes have been made. But for my use, I still haven't seen the one gotta-have-it feature that would be the closer.

Skeptical Me.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/16/14 11:12 AM

I have a customer running Mavericks that can't access anything on the Desktop from Creative Cloud. It stalls then crashes any CC app.

He called me a few months back proud of himself because he was able to update to Mavericks without needing my help. Oops. laugh His Mail won't quit now after it's been open a while too, and he has some Finder wonkiness.

Worked out great, he still had to pay me to come in and try to fix it. grin
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/16/14 11:33 AM

I still have no issues with Mavericks, other than my own ignorance. :p

PS. It looks like Apple hid the Users folder for some unknown reason.

Re: Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/16/14 12:54 PM

Jeez, they're on a roll in Cupertino. Downhill. tongue

Re: Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/16/14 01:01 PM

Mercenary. tongue

Re: Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/16/14 11:10 PM

I'll do anything for a buck.

Re: Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/17/14 04:20 AM

I know. As you wrote on that men's room wall! blush grin

Re: Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/17/14 10:07 AM

Fixed. It was iTunes fault.
Well, it was really Apple's fault, but they are blaming it on iTunes.

Re: Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/21/14 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
I have a customer running Mavericks that can't access anything on the Desktop from Creative Cloud. It stalls then crashes any CC app.
Found out it was because he had too many aliases on the Desktop. WTF?

Scroll past the crash report to the last 6 posts. It's not just CC with the problem.

The 10.9.3 update didn't fix it. I moved the aliases from the Desktop and all is well.

Apple's QA is tanking.

Re: Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/21/14 12:34 PM

Sometimes I miss watching those extensions and control panel loading after a reboot. grin

Re: Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/21/14 12:46 PM

OS 9 may have been flat and ugly, but at least it was a speed demon.
Oh wait. Maviricks is now flat and ugly too…
Well, two outta three ain't bad! wink

Re: Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/21/14 01:56 PM

At this rate I'll probably wait until 10.10. Pretty sad state of affairs. mad
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/22/14 05:39 AM

I've not had any of the reported issues so far. While the original Mavericks release ran noticeably slower than Mtn Lion, after the first .x update, all has been well for me. Adobe apps were updated shortly after the Mavericks release, so they've been running great as well.

I say that knowing that I'm running Mavericks on desktop hardware that is either brand new or almost brand new models w/fully upgraded RAM, video cards and SSD drives.

However my laptop is a 2011 MBAir - and it runs Mavs just fine with only 4GB of RAM. I would guess however, that most hardware older than 2012 suffer some slow-downs and instability with Mavs.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/22/14 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By: MacGizmo
I would guess however, that most hardware older than 2012 suffer some slow-downs and instability with Mavs.

No problems here.

Re: Mavericks .3 update released. - 05/22/14 07:40 AM

At this point, I'm going to wait for the .4 or .5 update, and then, instead of updating the OS over my current system, I'll completely wipe the drive and do a fresh reinstall of everything. At least, now that this will not be my primary working system (with the new gig starting next week), if it's still problematic, I won't have to worry a/b Workflow Interruptus.