Mavericks Vs Lion OS

Posted by: musicalmarv7

Mavericks Vs Lion OS - 03/18/14 03:53 AM

What is the big difference between the Lion OS and the Mavericks OS?Thanks. I am using Lion now.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Mavericks Vs Lion OS - 03/18/14 05:39 AM

There isn't a big difference. Some nice new features, but nothing mind-blowing. While Mountain Lion (10.8) fixed Lion's (10.7) bugs, we're still waiting for bug fixes for Mavericks (10.9).

One major difference that a LOT of people love is the fact that you can now use dual monitors and full screen mode together. You can have a full screen app on each screen and work with them independently.

Perhaps read a bit more at Apple's site: http://www.apple.com/osx/
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Mavericks Vs Lion OS - 03/19/14 03:36 AM

Thanks for this information.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Mavericks Vs Lion OS - 03/20/14 03:24 AM

Quote:
you can now use dual monitors
Sez youse --> Meh... grin
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Mavericks Vs Lion OS - 03/20/14 05:19 AM

Hmmmm.. when I work in ID/Quark... have a client Excel doc open and am compositing/retouching images in PS and checking my web browser.. and am continously rolling through the apps... I hate not being able to see all of them at once.

NOT TO MENTION !!!... Apple still has a fkked up Finder. I still find myself trying to get a tool to work and trying to type something in app... and it won't do anything.. no response. Then I look uo in the left hand corner and see that while I have clicked on apps tool palette or main window and it seems active.. it ain't. I have to Command - Tab thru apps to make it actually come to the fore front.

Seems to happen less with 2 monitors... don't ask me why.

Re: Mavericks Vs Lion OS - 03/20/14 06:21 AM

I've never had a dual display setup, and often have several apps and related docs open at once (typically ID, PShop, AI, and Word), and have never felt hampered or slowed down by a single display. When I have a bunch of active windows, I will usually minimize to the dock those I'm not working in at the moment, which gets them out of the way and brings them to the front with a single click. Of course, the 23" T-Bolt display makes it easier because of the extra real estate. And with the CC apps, I use the Application Window interface most of the time, which removes floating pallets that might get clicked on accidentally.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Mavericks Vs Lion OS - 03/20/14 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
I've never had a dual display setup...
Amateur! tongue

Re: Mavericks Vs Lion OS - 03/20/14 10:26 AM

Hey, us real pros don't need no steenkin' crutches. tongue
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Mavericks Vs Lion OS - 03/20/14 11:16 AM

Just canes, eh?

Re: Mavericks Vs Lion OS - 03/20/14 12:29 PM

You to funny. tongue Had my PT evaluation today. The ol' sacro is out of alignment and throwing my right hip akimbo. But 5 or 6 weeks of treatment should git 'er done.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Mavericks Vs Lion OS - 03/20/14 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
You to funny.

Speaking of which--what's happened to carp?

Re: Mavericks Vs Lion OS - 03/20/14 02:42 PM

Good question.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Mavericks Vs Lion OS - 03/20/14 08:25 PM

carp hasn't logged in since September. May be lurking though.