Ever get stuck with a locked PDF?

Posted by: steveg

Ever get stuck with a locked PDF? - 01/24/14 01:39 PM

Be stuck no more!

My monthly mortgage statements are digital. I can d/l a PDF from my bank's website so I no longer need the paper coupons. But for better record keeping, I want to be able to enter the payment date and amount on that PDF and re-save it. However, it's password protected and un-editable. I can't open in AI, can't place it in a Word or ID document. Can't copy or optimize it. Changing permissions in Get Info doesn't do it. Nada. And the bank would offer no solution, citing their security policy. Understood, but still no help.

So a quick web search took me straight to this little gem. Now I can edit those statements to suit my records and up yours, PNC! grin
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Ever get stuck with a locked PDF? - 01/24/14 02:25 PM

Oh great. Keep it down, will ya? wink

Our company is so tired of doing all the work, only to have clients take it somewhere else. We've been locking every PDF for the last few years.
Unfortunately, sending JPEG proofs is not an option.

Re: Ever get stuck with a locked PDF? - 01/24/14 03:20 PM

I want a Rolex engraved 71st Gov or I'm gonna send the link to all your customers! tongue
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Ever get stuck with a locked PDF? - 01/24/14 03:41 PM

LOL! Talk to the boss.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Ever get stuck with a locked PDF? - 01/24/14 04:13 PM

Will this work, and you don't have to upload your bank information to Bulgaria?

Re: Ever get stuck with a locked PDF? - 01/25/14 03:12 AM

Quote:
Unlock PDF files that have editing or printing password set. Does not unlock PDF files you need to enter a password to open
Contradiction much? Attempting to edit, open the file in AI or PS, or importing it into another app opens a password entry window. But I can print. So which is it? crazy

The site I linked to allows you to delete the output file once the PDF has been unlocked. But I'll try this one and see if it works.

Re: Ever get stuck with a locked PDF? - 01/25/14 05:17 AM

Seems to work. Can't hurt to have both options.