Sidebar navigation?

Posted by: Acumowchek

Sidebar navigation? - 01/22/14 01:25 PM

Is it possible to use the keyboard for sidebar navigation in the Finder and Mail?
Posted by: steveg

Re: Sidebar navigation? - 01/23/14 06:56 AM

Boy, that's a good question. AFAICT, there's no keyboard nav (or utilities) for the Finder sidebar. However, in Mail, if you select Show Favorites Bar from the View menu, you can drag any mailbox there from the sidebar, and then access them via command + 1, or 2, or 3… The number value is determined by the left/right order of those favorites (also listed in the Mailbox menu in Go To Favorite Mailbox).
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Sidebar navigation? - 01/23/14 07:22 AM

The only thing I can find is Preferences>Universal Access>Mouse & Trackpad>set Mouse Keys to On. It allows the kb arrow keys for some navigation/scrolling. In a Finder window, it moves from item to item within the window, not the side bar however. In Mail, it lets you use the up and down arrows to scroll through your list of emails, but not the list of mailboxes as far as I can tell.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Sidebar navigation? - 01/23/14 10:39 AM

You're holding it wrong.

Re: Sidebar navigation? - 01/23/14 11:39 AM

LOL! tongue

Universal Access does offer a lot more keyboard options, which I use on a regular basis, but I was experimenting without having to use a mouse at all for navigation…
Posted by: steveg

Re: Sidebar navigation? - 01/23/14 12:02 PM

eek grin

Re: Sidebar navigation? - 01/23/14 12:08 PM

I hate meeces to pieces!
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Sidebar navigation? - 01/23/14 09:34 PM

LOL. Ask a a simple question, get simple answers. grin