So where's the Mavericks update?

Posted by: Jim_

So where's the Mavericks update? - 12/09/13 08:32 PM

It has been 7 weeks since Mavericks came out. Every OS since 10.1 has had its .1 upgrade in a month or less.

Either they are working on a lot bugs, or don't really care to cut loose some of that money we have made them over the years for R&D.

It's not like it was a flawless OS upgrade. Not happy with Tim Cook. I really miss Steve.
Posted by: steveg

Re: So where's the Mavericks update? - 12/10/13 03:08 AM

Agreed. As has been well-chronicled by yours truly here and an alarming number of posts on the Apple support forums, this is the sloppiest release I've ever seen.

What I'd be interested in learning is if all these issues are update related, or native. 'Nudder words, would one have the same problems with a brand new Mac with Mavericks factory-installed (or installed on a totally clean drive), with all other apps then being freshly installed, as opposed to installing the update over a complete system and other user-installed software?

If even a factory install is buggy, then Apple is going to piss off and potentially chase away hordes of first-time Mac users.

Most disappointing.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: So where's the Mavericks update? - 12/10/13 04:00 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
What I'd be interested in learning is if all these issues are update related, or native. 'Nudder words, would one have the same problems with a brand new Mac with Mavericks factory-installed (or installed on a totally clean drive), with all other apps then being freshly installed, as opposed to installing the update over a complete system and other user-installed software?
From what I've read there are glitches on brand-new hardware and newly formatted drives.
Posted by: steveg

Re: So where's the Mavericks update? - 12/10/13 04:44 AM

So it's a birth defect not society. laugh
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: So where's the Mavericks update? - 12/15/13 07:32 AM

I just ordered a new, fully-loaded, iMac. When it's delivered next week, I'm going to run it for a short time with little-to-no 3rd party utilities, pref panes, etc. I'm curious to see if they may be the cause of a lot of little issues I've seen/heard about.

My current iMac (the late 2012 Ivy Bridge i5 model) runs it pretty well, but I do see some small niggling issues - and some apps actually seem to run slower than they did before Mavericks. However, I also had noticeable improvement when I uninstalled some of the add-ons I had (which I didn't really use a whole lot to begin with).