Adobe Adobe. Wherefore art thou?

Posted by: steveg

Adobe Adobe. Wherefore art thou? - 11/02/13 09:23 AM

Ever since Adobe released the file and font sync capability in Creative Cloud, I've found that when I launch ID or AI or PS after a few hours of downtime, the handful of fonts that I've synced do not appear in the font menu of those apps. They show up as synced in the CC TypeKit pane, though, and the only workaround is to turn the syncing off and then back on.

I posted about it on the Adobe Forums, and a staffer has been asking did I do this or have I done that, but hasn't been able to offer any clues. ID released a software update yesterday, but that didn't change anything.

Please, oh pleeeeeeeeeaze don't make me call Adobe support. eek
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Adobe Adobe. Wherefore art thou? - 11/05/13 03:40 AM

Have you sacrificed a goat and done a rain dance? If not, please do not bother Adobe support with your silly little problems - they're very busy jerking off right now, and it's best to let them finish; otherwise you end up paying another monthly subscription fee.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Adobe Adobe. Wherefore art thou? - 11/05/13 04:11 AM

Well, where Adobe is concerned, if you want information, ya gotta find it yourself. After a deeper search, I discovered that Adobe CC sync is chocking on an Extensis & Mac sandwich. Apparently, there's a conflict btwn Suitcase's font core and CC sync that causes Suitcase to deactivate synced TypeKit fonts, which is why the CC app displays those fonts as synced, but they don't appear in the font menus of my apps.

One suggested workaround is to disable the font core in Suitcase, but I've found just stopping and restarting the sync works for now. Bottom line, Extensis has said they're working with Apple on the 10.9 compatibility issue, and Adobe says they're working with Extensis regarding the sync problem.

In other words, we're watching a sweaty three-way hump while trying to get work done. mad I think I'm gonna pull my Beinfang layout pads and AdMarkers out of mothballs. smirk