Illustrator 10 question ...

Posted by: six_of_one

Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/22/02 10:47 AM

what is that damn grey outline box for whenever I move something around?<br><br>And how can I get rid of it?<br><br>TIA!<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/22/02 11:39 AM

It's a bug in AI10, you can't get rid of it. Adobe is aware of it, they blame OSX (of course). <br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/22/02 11:59 AM

ah ... good - I thought I was missing something amout the usefulness of that thing =)<br><br>Thanks for the info!<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/22/02 02:34 PM

Don't know about Illy 10, but in Illy 9 when you move objects around, you get a box which is called bounding box. I guess you know about that, what?<br><br>--<br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/22/02 02:54 PM

Yeah, I have the bounding box turned off ... don't like it. Nope. Not one bit.<br><br>No, this is a completely different box that is three or four times bigger than the bounding box and shifts with your mouse position as you move an object (so if you constrain the movement - say, horizontally - the box will move as your cursor moves, not with the constrained movement of the objects)...<br><br>It's kind of hard to describe, but it's definately not the bounding box =)<br><br>Gizmo says the mystery box is a bug ... we'll have to see if it gets sorted-out in the hopefully not-too-distant future ...<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/22/02 07:54 PM

It is quite the ugly pain in the ass too. Sometimes I forget and think I'm moving something I don't want to move...<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/23/02 02:28 PM

Why don't you like it? I have it on. It easy to work on the object with it. You can rotate, skew, increase/decrease the size, find out the position of hidden objects, outlining of objects, etc.<br><br>Are you using Illy 10 in OS X?<br><br>--<br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/23/02 02:42 PM

It just gets in my way visually ... I'd rather have it turned off =)<br><br>I'm using both Ill 9 and 10 in both OS9 and X (although I've recently made the switch to OS X at work, so it's mostly Ill 10 ... a little sluggish, but not bad =)<br><br>***matt<br><br>

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/23/02 03:21 PM

Where are you working? Are you a professional Illustrator?<br><br>--<br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/23/02 03:37 PM

Yep, I'm a graphic designer working in Arlington, VA (right across the river from D.C.) ...<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/23/02 07:15 PM

Cool! Maybe I could ask some of my Illy doubts every now and then. :)<br><br>--<br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/23/02 08:58 PM

you can also do all that without it turned on.<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/23/02 10:28 PM

Would you care to elaborate, Gizmo? :)<br><br>--<br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/24/02 09:35 AM

I mean you can rotate, skew, resize etc... without bounding boxes turned on.<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/24/02 10:48 AM

You bet - no problem!<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>

Re: Illustrator 10 question ... - 04/25/02 02:10 AM

Ah ok. I know that. I thought you meant something else.<br><br>Thanks Matt and Gizmo. :)<br><br>--<br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.