eBay message monitoring?

Posted by: padmavyuha

eBay message monitoring? - 09/28/13 04:51 AM

Does anyone know of an app, or browser extension, that shows you eBay *messages*? I'm having a real problem with eBay not sending me notification emails when people either buy something off me, or send me queries about items I'm selling.

For reasons of poor attention/concentration, it's not enough just to "have eBay open on a browser tab" and I was really hoping for a Safari extension like the gmail one that shows you an alert in the toolbar when you have messages. But there's nothing that I can find for Ebay that shows messages.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: eBay message monitoring? - 09/28/13 02:30 PM

The picture has the words I search in Google and there were lots of other links. Try it. Maybe it will help.

Re: eBay message monitoring? - 10/01/13 07:05 PM

Behold the sarcasm smile. Naturally, I did all that before coming here with my question, and was unable to find any information about an actual extension that showed actual message info.

As it turns out, the extension I was using actually does this thing I wanted it to do - what it doesn't do is in any way tell you that it will do that, and so the only way to discover as I did that this is so, is to wait until there is an actual message to notify me of, at which point the message "there is 1 message" appears out of nowhere, which is gratifying but frustrating after spending a couple of fruitless hours trying to find something which actually advertises itself as doing this. So a happy ending, peppered slightly with ennui.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: eBay message monitoring? - 10/02/13 01:16 PM

Quote:
Behold the sarcasm smile. Naturally,

Sorry. I did not intend sarcasm. Must have not fully understood your quandry.

Re: eBay message monitoring? - 10/10/13 02:34 AM

Sorry, I was in a snarky mood when I snarked there frown.