Mail problem with iCloud

Posted by: KateSorensen

Mail problem with iCloud - 03/06/13 08:48 PM

For about a couple of weeks now, I've been having problems in my iMac Mail app with my iCloud account. It keeps giving me that funny little mark next to it. The starmillway -- me -- com account works okay.

Here's a shot of the starmillway -- mac -- com

Here's a shot of the starmillway -- me -- com

I do not need that "me" account but some where along the way as I was registering or something I must have okayed it and started it up. I have used the smw mac dot com for 50 years, maybe a little less wink

Posted by: Jim_

Re: Mail problem with iCloud - 03/06/13 09:17 PM

They are redundant. You can use either .me or .mac for your email address. I sent one to your .me account, it should end up in your .mac inbox.

Re: Mail problem with iCloud - 03/06/13 09:35 PM

The trouble is, the .mac inbox is not working.

Re: Mail problem with iCloud - 03/06/13 09:38 PM

Your mac.com looks right. The me.com is actually an older configuration, not sure why it's even working.

Hmm, I'll have to deal with this tomorrow, it's bedtime for Bonzo.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Mail problem with iCloud - 03/07/13 04:48 AM

mac.com, me.com, and icloud.com should all end up in the same inbox. They are interchangeable.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Mail problem with iCloud - 03/07/13 06:33 AM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
mac.com, me.com, and icloud.com should all end up in the same inbox. They are interchangeable.

Indeed, and I'm wondering if the issue might stem from that very fact. Essentially, she has two accounts pointing to exactly the same place -- I wonder if the one account doesn't work because the other is already connected?

It's kind of a moot point though since all her mail should show up in both accounts anyways -- theoretically, she could just delete one of them and be just fine =)

Re: Mail problem with iCloud - 03/07/13 06:45 AM

Originally Posted By: six_of_one
It's kind of a moot point though since all her mail should show up in both accounts anyways -- theoretically, she could just delete one of them and be just fine =)

Yes she can. By the light of day I would recommend that. Late last night I was too foggy to give that advice with confidence.

Re: Mail problem with iCloud - 03/08/13 11:15 AM

"She"

is right here with youse guys! smile quit talkin about me!

On my iMac I will delete one account and report back later today. Thanks for now.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Mail problem with iCloud - 03/08/13 11:56 AM

I believe that's what she said.

laugh

Re: Mail problem with iCloud - 03/08/13 12:20 PM

Are you messing with Mother Nature me? wink
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Mail problem with iCloud - 03/08/13 04:42 PM

Messing? Never!