Mac Pro Settings

Posted by: Qball

Mac Pro Settings - 12/31/12 07:16 PM

My son has generously given me his old Mac Pro and we both tried to delete all settings with his name. However, there are two issues outstanding. 1: If I upload pics to iPhoto and then try to post on FB they go to his FB page, not mine. 2: The finder window still has his name. Is it possible to rename this? Thank you.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Mac Pro Settings - 12/31/12 07:51 PM

As far as the Finder window.. that's the name of the Home Folder and that can't be changed.... BUT you can just make a new user and go from there... after the new user has been working for a week or 2 with no bugs or issues... delete your sons user account. This is all done under System Preferences/Accounts.
Posted by: Qball

Re: Mac Pro Settings - 12/31/12 09:05 PM

Thank you for that. Still working on the FB/iPhoto issue.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Mac Pro Settings - 01/01/13 04:21 AM

You'll want to backup your son's old iPhoto library and then delete it. Once you establish your own iPhoto account (and delete his previous user account), you should be good to go on the iPhoto/FB process.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Mac Pro Settings - 01/02/13 01:59 PM

Creating the new user account will effectively wipe all evidence of your son's digital life off the computer as it pertains to your use. iPhoto will know nothing about his Facebook account.

That being said, you could just change the FB account settings in iPhoto's Accounts Preference tab right now.