F'n Adobe.

Posted by: steveg

F'n Adobe. - 12/29/12 07:05 AM

Ever since the Adobe update of Pshop 13.0.3 (CS6), every 3rd or 4th launch starts with a window asking if I want to continue with my trial or buy the damned app. Well hellooooo, CS6 was bought and registered last September! But now I have to re-enter the serial # before I can get to my work.

So I just engaged an Adobe CSR via their chat feature and explained the problem. After giving him the proper ID and reg info, I get this:
Quote:
Vajid: this is a technical issue and right now here is no executive available from the relevant team.

I ask Vajid if this is a known issue that may be addressed in a forthcoming patch or update — and I get:
Quote:
Vajid: this is a technical issue and right now here is no executive available from the relevant team.

I ask him, if he's a support rep, why he can't answer my question. He replies:
Quote:

So I thank him for his time and suggest he consider moving to the U.S to run for Congress! crazy
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: F'n Adobe. - 12/29/12 10:37 AM

Dont'cha just love automated tech support?!

Re: F'n Adobe. - 12/29/12 10:53 AM

Automated I can deal with. A doofus who can't think past a script is another matter.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: F'n Adobe. - 12/29/12 04:50 PM

Yuppers.

Might try this. Not the same error but check anyway to make sure you're calling home. It's got stuff for Win and Mac.

Maybe this?

I wonder if Deactivating from the Help menu then re-activating would work?

Fully uninstalling the whole suite and reinstalling may work.

HTH

Peggy
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: F'n Adobe. - 12/29/12 05:32 PM

Quote:
If you are experiencing this behavior, please continue to login with your Adobe ID or enter your serial number until we develop resolution. Entering your Adobe ID or serial number fully licenses your product and does not limit your functionality.
is equal to but not greater than...
Quote:
This is a technical issue and right now here is no executive available from the relevant team.

Re: F'n Adobe. - 12/30/12 04:09 AM

Yeesh! Some of that looks like it was written by Vajid himself! eek But it does answer [sort of] my question a/b this being a known issue. It doesn't happen on every launch of every app in the suite. Mostly Pshop, and on every 3rd or 4th launch. I have a cool little app called iLicense (available via iTunes) that keeps all my software reg a click away, so finding and fee-entering the info is easy.

I'll probably give it a few more weeks to see if Adobe releases a fix because I really don't like messing around with all that deep system stuff. Even then, I'd probably opt for a fresh reinstall of the suite, as big of a PIA as that would be.

Re: F'n Adobe. - 12/30/12 04:09 AM

Bingo!

Re: F'n Adobe. - 12/31/12 11:01 AM

Bingo? I heard you old farts liked to play that game, but I always thought it was a cliché. wink

Re: F'n Adobe. - 12/31/12 11:15 AM

You're thinking of the headlines you write. >:p
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: F'n Adobe. - 12/31/12 12:16 PM

Ba-da-dum-bum!!

Re: F'n Adobe. - 01/02/13 01:57 PM

No need to call Steve a bum... we were just kidding! wink

Re: F'n Adobe. - 01/03/13 04:04 AM

Hey, leave my bum out-a this you prevert! mad