That was fast!

Posted by: steveg

That was fast! - 10/23/12 03:55 AM

A few days ago DropBox released an update that replaced the simple drop-down menu bar interface with a floating window that seemed to scatter the functions and commands everywhere. A useless and over-designed interface, IMHO. But today comes v 1.4.20, which has reverted to the simple and intuitive drop-down menu. Mo'bettah, DB.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: That was fast! - 10/23/12 07:36 AM

I got v. 1.5.37, with that new interface. I'm now used to it, I guess.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: That was fast! - 10/23/12 09:46 AM

You can also hold down the (I believe) Option key to view the "old" menu.

Re: That was fast! - 10/23/12 10:01 AM

It's control. But I really do like the new menu.

Re: That was fast! - 10/23/12 11:57 AM

Gotta wonder why they changed back to the original interface in such a short time.

Re: That was fast! - 10/23/12 04:21 PM

The thing though is that your version has a lower number than the one I have. I'm confused.

Re: That was fast! - 10/23/12 04:48 PM

Nope. I'm the confused one. I just checked Cnet's download.com, where I had gotten this version, and sure enough, they're showing 1.4.20 as a new update. Then I went to MacUpdate and they've got 1.5.37, which I just re-installed (because that's what I had downloaded a week ago). I just hadn't paid that much attention to the version #s. crazy

This would be the 2nd hinky update I've had in the last few days. I also updated PrintWindow only to find that the update didn't recognize itself and kept urging me to download the same update every time I launched it. In that instance, Searchware Solutions was aware of the bug and had a fix a few days later.

I guess I'm starting to lose it. eek
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: That was fast! - 10/23/12 05:26 PM

1.4.20 is the stable build. 1.5.whatever is beta.

Re: That was fast! - 10/23/12 07:39 PM

It's been very stable for me. And like I said, I like the new interface.

Re: That was fast! - 10/24/12 04:09 AM

Ah... "Beta" is in paranthetical mouse type on the MacUpdate site. But I'm pretty sure I had original found it on download.com, but now they only show the stable version. Oh well, rive an' rearn. wink

Re: That was fast! - 10/27/12 06:45 PM

I'm on 1.5.37 - direct from the Dropbox site. I have the new "Big Blue Button" interface:

Re: That was fast! - 10/30/12 10:08 AM

Well the latest Dropbox update reverts to the old interface. It's v. 1.5.42.

Re: That was fast! - 10/31/12 01:01 PM

Yeesh! They update darn near as often as VueScan! And it lookls like Mitt Romney is their UI designer. eekgrin

Re: That was fast! - 10/31/12 01:42 PM

Dude, you need to take-up smoking, drinking, or something to occupy your spare time. This obsession with Romney-bashing doesn't wear well on you (not that I don't snicker & grin each time I see one posted on your Facebook feed).
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: That was fast! - 10/31/12 05:31 PM

Steve G is to Romney what DLC is to Bush.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Re: That was fast! - 11/02/12 05:05 AM

Can't wait to hear the streaming kvetching from youse guys if he's elected. smirk

Re: That was fast! - 11/03/12 08:34 AM

You haven't seen much in the way of complaining from me... because I know it's pointless.

The President is about the least powerful/influential political office there is when it comes to affecting daily life, so there's little use in wasting keyboard taps on it.

Re: That was fast! - 11/03/12 08:47 AM

Say that to me in the 'Box, you girly-man! grin
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: That was fast! - 11/03/12 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Can't wait to hear the streaming kvetching from youse guys if he's elected. smirk

UH.. I think you know where I stand.