MobileMe sync

Posted by: MacBozo

MobileMe sync - 10/12/12 01:46 PM

My computer is still trying to sync with MobileMe (actually, it just started doing that the last couple of days), and it's keeping the computer from sleeping. I'm also noticing that the googleupdater.daemon is running a lot, but I cannot find a way to stop it from auto-updating (I only have Google Chrome and Google Earth installed).

Question is: Can I safely remove the MobileMe.prefPane and the Mac.prefPane from System/Library/PreferencePanes?

Also, is there a way to tell Google apps not to auto-update always?
Posted by: Jim_

Re: MobileMe sync - 10/12/12 03:50 PM

Are you logged off of MM?

Re: MobileMe sync - 10/12/12 04:01 PM

MobileMe doesn't even exist anymore. It just keeps trying to sync and then timing out. I've been on iCloud nearly from day one. Can I dump those prefPanes?

Re: MobileMe sync - 10/12/12 04:05 PM

System log for the sign out from MobileMe:

Quote:
Oct 12 19:00:46 mail196 System Preferences[350]: ERROR removing linked MobileMe name: Error Domain=CSIdentityErrorDomain Code=-9 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (CSIdentityErrorDomain error -9.)" UserInfo=0x4004fdec0 {}
Oct 12 19:00:47 mail196 System Preferences[350]: Warning: Removed .Me password

Re: MobileMe sync - 10/12/12 04:53 PM

For Google.

http://support.google.com/installer/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=147176

You can delete the MM pref panes, also try this;

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4211443?start=0&tstart=0

Re: MobileMe sync - 10/12/12 05:24 PM

Dumped the .plist files as stated. I'll go ahead and dump those prefPanes too.

I don't mind Google running its update check daily but, today, it was at it for 6 hours straight (roughly 10AM - 4PM). I may just turn it off entirely, if that is going to be the case in the future.

Thanks for the "leg" work.

Re: MobileMe sync - 10/12/12 05:44 PM

Church Lady voice: "Well! Isn't that special?"

After deleting the prefPanes and plists and restarting, my internal sound is suddenly back. It's effin magic, I tells ya!

Re: MobileMe sync - 10/12/12 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Church Lady voice: "Well! Isn't that special?"

After deleting the prefPanes and plists and restarting, my internal sound is suddenly back. It's effin magic, I tells ya!
Wow, that's been gone a long time hasn't it. How in the h could those have anything to do with that. crazy

Re: MobileMe sync - 10/12/12 06:36 PM

5 or 6 months. I also tossed some application support files that were related to some applications that I no longer have installed.

Effin magic!