Firefox bookmarks

Posted by: drjohn

Firefox bookmarks - 10/02/12 10:28 PM

I want to get rid of my Firefox bookmarks and replace them with my Safari bookmarks. I checked out my user Library and can't find anything labeled Firefox anywhere. Where are they hiding?
OS 10.7.5
Safari 6.0.1
Firefox 15.0.1
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Firefox bookmarks - 10/03/12 06:02 AM

They are in the Application Support folder in that Library but that won't help you.

To Import into FF 15, go to FF/Bookmarks/Show All Bookmarks. Click on the button with the star and circular arrows, Import Data from Another Browser.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Firefox bookmarks - 10/03/12 06:04 AM

That simply adds the imported bookmarks to the existing bookmarks (at least, that's how it used to work).
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Firefox bookmarks - 10/03/12 06:13 AM

The should be a file to toss... c'mon Reboot... help the man out.
blush
Uninstall FF and reinstall fresh?

Re: Firefox bookmarks - 10/03/12 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4

blush
Sorry for having a life today. grin

I did tell him where to find the FF folder, bookmarks are buried in there. Reinstalling won't work. Also if he is in Show all Bookmarks he can delete them all from there. I give the good Dr. credit for some smarts.

Both of you, off my back!!!!!

laugh

Re: Firefox bookmarks - 10/03/12 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim_

blush
Sorry for having a life today. grin

I did tell him where to find the FF folder, bookmarks are buried in there. Reinstalling won't work. Also if he is in Show all Bookmarks he can delete them all from there. I give the good Dr. credit for some smarts.

Both of you, off my back!!!!!

laugh [/quote]

Thanks. I got it figured out (sort of deleted the bookmarks at FF/Bookmarks/Show All Bookmarks). Never did find a FF folder not in Application Support or Mozilla stuff. confused

Re: Firefox bookmarks - 10/03/12 02:59 PM

Glad you got it worked out.

Not sure if you know but in Lion to get to your Library folder you need to go to the Go menu in the Finder, hold down the Option key, and Library will then show up in the list.

Re: Firefox bookmarks - 10/03/12 08:36 PM

Not sure if you know but in Lion to get to your Library folder you need to go to the Go menu in the Finder, hold down the Option key, and Library will then show up in the list.

I knew that but couldn't find a FF folder.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Firefox bookmarks - 10/03/12 09:52 PM

Mozilla folder...

Re: Firefox bookmarks - 10/03/12 10:12 PM

Mozilla folder...

I had checked that...not there either.

Re: Firefox bookmarks - 10/03/12 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: drjohn

That's the wrong Library folder, that's the global Library folder. The one that you're looking for is hidden, Apple made the individual user's Library folder invisible in 10.7 and above. That's why you have to use the Go menu routine that I mentioned above. I guess they were trying to protect us from ourselves, but it just makes it harder to troubleshoot as you can see.

The path for the one you're looking for is in Macintosh HD/Users/your name/invisible Library folder.

Re: Firefox bookmarks - 10/04/12 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By: drjohn

That's the wrong Library folder, that's the global Library folder. The one that you're looking for is hidden, Apple made the individual user's Library folder invisible in 10.7 and above. That's why you have to use the Go menu routine that I mentioned above. I guess they were trying to protect us from ourselves, but it just makes it harder to troubleshoot as you can see.

The path for the one you're looking for is in Macintosh HD/Users/your name/invisible Library folder.

Found it but Option>Go>Library were not working for a while. crazy