1 Password Users

Posted by: kenglade

1 Password Users - 02/09/11 02:07 PM

I'm running OS X 10.6.4 on my Mac dual core. Just upgraded 1 Password to v 3.5.4 but it won't load in Firefox. Have sent three emails to Agile but no response. Anyone have a solution?
Posted by: Jim_

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/09/11 02:58 PM

What have you tried so far to resolve the problem? I would start with removing the FF extension via the FF Add-ons menu, and reinstalling from the 1Password Preferences.

What do you mean by won't load exactly. What does it say in the Add-ons menu about the Extension?
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/09/11 05:06 PM

Do you mean the icon won't load in the toolbar?

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/10/11 04:51 AM

As far as I can tell, 1Password 3.5.4 is the latest version. When I check the extension, Firefox says that version is not compatable with FF 3.6.13 which I've been suing for some time.On the toolbar there is a big X where the 1 Password icon should be. I tried re-installing an earlier version of 1P, which I was using before, but that didn't help. The 1P support is non-existent, which surprises me. Do I want to trust my apsswords to a company that doesn't even offer reliable support? Do you know of any software comparable with 1P?

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/10/11 04:51 AM

Correct

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/10/11 04:59 AM

Quote:
Do I want to trust my apsswords to a company that doesn't even offer reliable support?

OK.. so now I'm concerned. Thanks.. I just upgraded about 2 weeks ago..... eek
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/10/11 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: kenglade
As far as I can tell, 1Password 3.5.4 is the latest version. When I check the extension, Firefox says that version is not compatable with FF 3.6.13 which I've been suing for some time.On the toolbar there is a big X where the 1 Password icon should be. I tried re-installing an earlier version of 1P, which I was using before, but that didn't help. The 1P support is non-existent, which surprises me. Do I want to trust my apsswords to a company that doesn't even offer reliable support? Do you know of any software comparable with 1P?

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/missing_browser_icon.html

Read on down towards middle and bottom of page. I have both versions of 1P and Firefox that you have and mine work together. Good luck.

Oh, and if you do not succeed in fixing yours, at the bottom of the page is a "let us know" link. They have good support! smile

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/11/11 09:22 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by good support. I've sent them three emails over the last four days and have not yet had a response. Think I'll just uninstall all 1P and start over. Hope I don't lose all my saved material.

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/11/11 09:47 AM

OK, I got it back. had to dig into FF and found that I had two listing for 1p under tools/add ons. removed both, then reset the extensions in 1p and it came back.

Thanks, all, for your suggestions.

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/11/11 11:03 AM

We are your support... smile
Posted by: Jim_

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/11/11 08:32 PM

found that I had two listing for 1p under tools/add ons. removed both, then reset the extensions in 1p and it came back.

Glad you got it, that's why I mentioned it, tools is your friend. smile
Posted by: stuhelm

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/12/11 08:58 AM

OK, I got it back. had to dig into FF and found that I had two listing for 1p under tools/add ons. removed both, then reset the extensions in 1p and it came back.

Hi Kenglade,

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Stu and I'm one of the customer care team over at Agile Web Solutions, the makers of 1Password.

On behalf of everyone on the team, I'm really sorry that you didn't get a response after 3 e-mails, we try our best to respond to every question within 24 hours at the most. If you don't mind, so we can track down what could have gone wrong, could you drop me an e-mail at stu [at] agile.ws letting me know the e-mail address you used on the contact form and I can check our system.

Oh, and I'm glad to hear you got Firefox up and running again, the problem you were experiencing sounds like one we've had a few reports of where Firefox 'hangs on' to an older version of the extension, so completely removing it is the only option.

All the best,

--
Stu Helm
Agile Crusader

http://agile.ws/support
http://twitter.com/1Password

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/12/11 09:46 AM

Nice.. very nice. Glad to see you responding to his situation.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/12/11 03:30 PM

Too cool.
Way to go Stu, and Agile Solutions.
Love your software and never had any problems.
Posted by: stuhelm

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/12/11 04:13 PM

Thanks NucleusG4 and Acumowchek - just a shame that we couldn't give Kenglade the best support when he needed it :-(

--
Stu Helm
Agile Crusader

http://agile.ws/support
http://twitter.com/1Password
Posted by: EzyriderTX

Re: 1 Password Users - 02/14/11 10:08 AM

I use 1password and DropBox in unison. I don't know how I lived without them before. Both great software!