10.2.6 & Error Messages that Disk Utility wont fix

Posted by: tschick

10.2.6 & Error Messages that Disk Utility wont fix - 05/10/03 10:44 AM

I'm receiving Missing Thread Count and Invalid Volume File Count errors. Disk Utility and fsck can not fix them. I'm considering purchasing DiskWarrior to try and correct the situation so that I don't have to back all my data up, reinitialize, reinstall, upgrade all my programs, and re-enter all my preferences. Has anyone been successful treating these two errors?<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by tschick on 05/10/03 01:50 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: JohnR

Re: 10.2.6 & Error Messages that Disk Utility wont fix - 05/10/03 11:17 AM

How are you getting these errors? I mean..how are you getting theM? WHen you hook up the hd?<br><br><br>

Re: 10.2.6 & Error Messages that Disk Utility wont - 05/10/03 11:21 AM

With the problems I'm having with the FireWire drive, I thought I'd make sure that everything was O.K. with Disk Utility (even though I'd run it just a few days ago and everything was fine). The errors turned up when I ran Disk Utility and when I fscked (or whatever the proper term is!).<br><br>Disk Utility and fsck say they are correcting the problem, but they keep showing back up in RED and making me puke.<br><br>

Re: 10.2.6 & Error Messages that Disk Utility wont - 05/10/03 11:30 AM

Where are you seeing these error messages?<br><br>When are you seeing them?<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: 10.2.6 & Error Messages that Disk Utility wont fix - 05/10/03 11:33 AM

DiskWarrior will fix both of those errors. I wonder too whether the errors are associated with the firewire HD problem. Also, once you run DW and, I hope, it fixes the errors, then run fsck again, and when you reboot into your regular user, run the Disk Utility to repair permissions.<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: 10.2.6 & Error Messages that Disk Utility wont fix - 05/10/03 11:34 AM

Good..I was hoping someone would come along and help! <br><br>

Re: 10.2.6 & Error Messages that Disk Utility wont - 05/10/03 11:37 AM

Oh thank you. I was hoping DiskWarrior was a good bet! I'll try it and let everyone know how it goes.<br><br>

Re: 10.2.6 & Error Messages that Disk Utility wont - 05/10/03 11:38 AM

Which DiskWarrior do you have?<br><br>I think I'll buy DW3!<br><br>

Re: 10.2.6 & Error Messages that Disk Utility wont - 05/10/03 11:41 AM

I don't have it yet. I was hoping to download it from their site, but I can't. It says allow a few weeks for delivery. :-( CompUSA carries them online, but they are out. I'm going to have to find it some other way. I guess I'll buy the latest version...is that DW3?<br><br>

Re: 10.2.6 & Error Messages that Disk Utility wont - 05/10/03 11:43 AM

Yeah.<br><br>My brother had told me that it would be available online too...hmmmm..haven't tried that yet. <br><br>

Re: 10.2.6 & Error Messages that Disk Utility wont fix - 05/10/03 11:48 AM

If quick help is needed..we can always be reached on iChat.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: 10.2.6 & Error Messages that Disk Utility wont - 05/10/03 11:53 AM

The new version of DW is not quite out yet, but I think that they're no longer making the previous version, 2.1, available. That's tough <br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"