MailUrl!

Posted by: Anonymous

MailUrl! - 05/26/01 11:11 AM

If you use Eudora or Claris Emailer you just need this, trust me: http://www.euronet.nl/~tekelenb/software/mailURL.html<br><br>"MailURL offers a quick and easy way to tell a friend (or enemy) about the page you're currently watching in your web browser (iCab, Opera, Internet Explorer, or Netscape's Navigator/Communicator). It creates a new message in Eudora or Claris Emailer, placing the title of the page in the "Subject: " header, and the URL of it in the body. All you need to do then is fill in the "To: " header and queue or send it."<br><br>

Re: MailUrl! - 05/26/01 11:17 AM

If you use Internet Explorer, you need to go to View->Customise toolbars and then add the "mail" thing to the tool bar. Now whenever you want to send a particular page, click and hold on the mail icon and choose "send link" and Outlook Express or whatever client you have setup in the Internet control panel as your default one opens and does the same thing as the above mentioned plugin.<br><br>Vijay<br><br>

Re: MailUrl! - 05/26/01 11:21 AM

of course, y'all should be using iCab, right?? heh heh<br><br>

Re: MailUrl! - 05/26/01 11:23 AM

Yep. iCab is cool.<br><br>Vijay<br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: MailUrl! - 05/26/01 06:44 PM

as I indicated before I won't enter the browser argument as to which is better as I believe it is a personal use thing.. I have found them all to have strengths and weaknesses that are different and it all means that I use certain browsers to do certain things. I just used a script to tell Netscape to do all the above in Eudora. Added a contextual menu command and all. IE allows you to drag applications to the toolbar folder as well as mail folders no problems. iCab has some great features but like all the others also has some glaring faults ...one being its sheer ugliness, though I love many things about iCab. I still use Netscape because it is the Only browser I can surf with, all day to any site without a glitch. <br><br>..

Re: MailUrl! - 05/26/01 06:50 PM

MailUrl is a script, and not all can write their own... `8-) and if you don't want to enter into a browser argument, then don't. heh heh<br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: MailUrl! - 05/26/01 06:56 PM

kewl agreed,... ah but then I won't be able to duck and parry... maybe I should just argue for the fun of it as is per my normal self... <br><br>..