Where's your dock? What have you added?

Posted by: yoyo52

Where's your dock? What have you added? - 03/17/02 09:25 PM

When X first came out, the Dock was the flash point for a lot of people. I've gotten so used to it that I don't think I could live without it (even though it is awkward sometimes--but then I guess nothing's perfect in this life )<br><br>Anyway, where have you parked your Dock? I have mine on the right side of the monitor, pinned to the bottom of the screen.<br><br>I've added a lot of things to it. On the app side of the Dock I have Entourage and Eudora, Acrobat, the Calculator, the Palm Desktop app, Classic? dockling, MacReporter dockling, LaunchBar, and Super Get Info. On the documents side of the Dock, I have a Games folder, a Graphics folder, a Text editors/processors folder, an Internet folder, a "Files" folder (where I keep all of my work stuff), the Documents folder, and a Utilities folder. All the applications folders have aliases to the applications that I use all the time.<br><br>You'd think my Dock would look crowded, but it really doesn't--or I've gotten used to it. It's actually much like my CS used to be in 9. I'd made custom CS modules for all of the apps I use constantly. I think the Dock is better cause I can keep folders on it as well.<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Where's your dock? What have you added? - 04/19/02 04:24 PM

I have mine on the right..not pinned, but hidden. I have all kinds of stuff on it but recently moved the least used apps into an alias folder on my dock for quick retrieval. <br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Where's your dock? What have you added? - 04/19/02 08:25 PM

on my dual 800, the dock is on the bottom of my left monitor. i'd love to have it pinned to the right of the left monitor, but i wants to shoot way to the right of the right monitor and that's too far from the action.<br><br>on my titanium, i keep the dock pinned to the right. it's perfect for that computer.<br><br>on my dock, i keep entourage, IE, acrobat, terminal app, desktop calendar, easy find, cpu monitor (i like to see both processors plugging away), stuffit, fire, word, excel, omniweb, and 3 often used folders. a calculator might make its way there pretty soon.<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Where's your dock? What have you added? - 04/19/02 10:09 PM

I don't really use it much anymore (I use Fruit Menu from Unsanity.com) but my dock is pinned to the far right of my second monitor, it has AIM, Watson, OmniWeb, IE, Mozilla, Terminal, Console, ProcessViewer, Classic?, Suitcase, Print Window and an alias to my apps folder.<br><br>I rarely scroll way over there to actually use it, so I have it hidden.<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Where's your dock? What have you added? - 04/20/02 09:47 AM

I have my dock in the default position - I use it pretty much just as an open app dock ... all the rest of my needs are more than met by DragThing, which blows away the Dock in terms of utility, IMHO ...<br><br>On my PowerBook, the dock is pinned upper right and serves the same purpose as on my desktop ...<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: Where's your dock? What have you added? - 04/21/02 06:49 AM

My dock is on the bottom........all the way across. Being ADD, I love clutter and chaos and have a multicolored, very vibrant ribbon across the bottom of my Cinema Display. I have all the browsers, all the multimedia and all the photo programs perched.........including all my utilities.......heh.<br>Ahhh, the mess of it all.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Where's your dock? What have you added? - 04/21/02 05:44 PM

To the right -- I got too tired in the early days of X of applications that didn't adhere to Apple spec and thus would have their windows drawn below the dock, requiring awkward maneuvering to reach the window size toggle.<br><br>As for what I've added, not much beyond my common applications. I've got MacReporter installed and that's it for the add-ons. I swear by MaxMenus, otherwise.<br><br>

Re: Where's your dock? What have you added? - 04/21/02 09:40 PM

I found I wasn't using MaxMenus at all, so I dumped it just a couple days ago. It's a neat concept, though more than I need.<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: Where's your dock? What have you added? - 04/22/02 02:09 PM

Hi yoyo, long time no see. ;)<br><br>Am on OS X (for a little while) and Mozilla X 1.0.0 RC1 at the mo'.<br><br>I have the dock setup on the left (middle) and hiddem. Have Mozilla X 1.0.0 RC1, Terminal, BBEdit 6, iTunes, QuickTime, Preview, SETI@home and Unreal Tournament X on the dock. Don't have any folders on it now.<br><br>I use very few apps. I need to get Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 10 if I have to use OS X fulltime. I hate Classic and never use it. :)<br><br>--<br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: Where's your dock? What have you added? - 04/22/02 06:34 PM

dock on bottom, turned off genie effects (only turn them on when guests drop by)<br><br>OmniWeb, iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, Final Cut Pro 3, iDVD, Sherlock, BBedit, Transmit, Stickies, Goliath, X73 Scanner, CPU monitor, Calc, Calendock, Fire, OmniGraffle, Flash MX and then<br><br>Applications Folder, and Utilites Folder. (putting these folders is nice cause you are just a control click away from your applications and utilities)<br><br><br>[color:red]Sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug</font color=red>

Re: Where's your dock? What have you added? - 04/22/02 10:41 PM

Hi right back. You leave for a while and when you come back it's a whole new world. Kinda nice <br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: Where's your dock? What have you added? - 04/23/02 02:22 PM

No [censored] yoyo. I logged in yesterday to find 1000+ new posts, and I went, "WTF!"<br><br>But yeah, good to see this place alive. :)<br><br>--<br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.