"Customize X"

Posted by: KateSorensen

"Customize X" - 03/17/02 04:54 PM

Just curious. What have some of you added to X to make it do some things that X by itself will not [do]?<br><br>I've added PTHClock, <br>transparent dock, <br>WeatherManX (it is so great!), <br>TextSoap, Transmit, <br>GraphicConverter, <br>GifBuilder, <br>Klondike, <br>Goliath,<br>and of course OmniWeb <br>which I was surprised to discover is great enough to make me switch from MSIE! [sp58 at the moment]<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: "Customize X" - 03/17/02 05:42 PM

I've got a bunch of applications that act like extensions or control panels in OS 9:<br><br>FruitMenu<br>WindowShakeX<br>ASM<br>TinkerTools<br>Xounds<br>LaunchBar<br>MenuCalendar<br>StuffIt Deluxe<br><br>In the realm of atraightforward applications, I've got Graphic Converter, BBEdit Lite, Omniweb, Mozilla, ScanWise for my AGFA scanner, GifBuilder for X, PixelEnhancer, MS Office for X, PageSpinner, Thoth, LimeWire, AIM, anAtlas, EarthBrowser, Interarchy, Eudora (with which I'm still not happy), Cypher, MacJanitor, USB Overdrive, Omnidictionary, SystemOptimizer, StarCraft, Reckless Drivin', MacSolitaire, NeverMind, Battle for the Universe.<br><br>Thank the lord for Freeware and cheap Shareware! <br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: "Customize X" - 03/18/02 06:55 AM

I've added Youpi Key which adds Quick Keys like (or Key Quencer like) short cut keys to open applications and to type text, etc.<br><br>

Re: "Customize X" - 03/18/02 11:55 AM

Eudora X beta is working okay for me. Only had one "quit" by itself.<br><br>One thing I can't seem to alter or find a pref for is:<br><br>When I get an email with a clickable url in body, I click on it and Classic opens and MSIE for Classic. I looked at my X internet settings and can't see anything causing that to hapen.<br><br>

Re: "Customize X" - 03/18/02 12:21 PM

Here's what I remember of how to set preferences for Eudora. Hold down the command key while you click on the link (It might be the option or the control key--that's what I can't remember!) Anyway, when you press the right key, a preference window comes up, and you can choose the browser there. I hope this makes sense!<br><br>edit: It's the option key that you have to hold down while you click the link.<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 03/18/02 03:39 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

That worked, to a point - 03/18/02 03:43 PM

The box came up to let me choose Eudora on OS X and I chose it.<br><br>Now though, when I click on any of the links in email, nothing happens! Oh well, I can copy/paste. I quit Eudora and started up again just for heck of it, and that didn't help.<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

Re: That worked, to a point - 03/18/02 05:24 PM

Try it again, Kate, and this time choose the browser in X that you usually use. If Eudora won't let you do that, then see if taking the Eudora settings file out of yourEudora folder (in the Documents folder in your home account) will do the trick. Take out the Settings backup as well. Of course that means you'd have to reset all your preferences, but if you can't rechoose your browser I don't know how else to do it.<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Not usually this dumb - 03/19/02 02:21 PM

well, probably am. . .<br><br>but I realized I had done what you suggested but chose "Eudora" and not a browser, OmniWeb as the application. duh!<br><br>NOW I have it fixed and thanks again.<br><br>