DivX Warning!

Posted by: Anonymous

DivX Warning! - 03/10/02 03:54 AM

Don't install the "DivX 5.0 alpha" codec that was released in early March. Doing so will make AOL Instant Messenger stop working. This is a very tough conflict to figure out, so I hope I can save some of you some trouble in advance.<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: DivX Warning! - 03/10/02 12:37 PM

does it affect "adium" also?<br><br>http://www.adiumx.com/<br><br>a much better alternative to the AOL client itself.<br><br><br><br>

Re: DivX Warning! - 03/11/02 09:35 AM

Adium is not affected, but personally I won't consider using Adium until it supports buddy icons.<br><br>

Re: DivX Warning! - 03/11/02 10:42 AM

hehe... buddy icons... <br><br>the reasons people give for not adopting something other than what they're used to... <br><br>you sound like a PC user ...<br><br>heh<br><br>

Re: DivX Warning! - 04/04/02 06:52 AM

LOL, you won't use it cause it has no buddy icons? That was a joke, right? Right?<br><br><br>

Re: DivX Warning! - 04/21/02 05:57 PM

I don't think it will ever support buddy icons... or file transfer, for that matter. The server it connects to doesn't support that. The best we'll get is a comparable feature set to AOL's AIM Express Java client, minus the hideousness of AIM Express, of course.<br><br>

Re: DivX Warning! - 04/23/02 07:13 PM

I was stating my personal opinion of the situation. You can do whatever you want on your computer, just as I can do whatever I want on mine. The fact that you expect me to conform to the software that "everybody else is using" (Fire/Adium/Proteus) is far more Microsoft-like than anything I have said.<br><br>I just wanted to explain to people who are already using the official client that they will have a problem if they install the DivX codecs.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by PhillipJFry on 04/23/02 10:39 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: DivX Warning! - 04/23/02 07:17 PM

whoa..settle down there! Personally I thought it was kind of a silly reason not to try Adium...which I love to use myself. He didn't insult you...all he said was <blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>LOL, you won't use it cause it has no buddy icons? That was a joke, right? Right?<br><p><hr></blockquote><p><br>I think YOU need to calm down man!<br><br>

Re: DivX Warning! - 04/23/02 07:29 PM

Actually, John's (johnengler) comment was on line.<br><br>I won't buy Levi's because they don't come with pink price tags like Gap. I am not gonna buy Macs because they don't give me a cup holder/mouse pad like they do with Dull Stinkium.<br><br>See how ridiculous that sounds?<br><br>--<br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.

Re: DivX Warning! - 04/23/02 07:43 PM

Um, now who needs to calm down? <br><br>OSX Addict, are you saying that you do not feel that "ridiculous," "silly," and "LOL" at my idea are "insults"?<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by PhillipJFry on 04/23/02 10:43 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: DivX Warning! - 04/24/02 04:26 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Actually, John's (johnengler) comment was on line.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Do you mean "in line" or "out of line"? Of course my comment was online, it's in a forum right? ;)<br><br><br><br>

Re: DivX Warning! - 04/24/02 04:28 AM

Hey, PJ, et. al.<br><br>remember that without actually seeing someone's face, hearing their voice, and knowing them for a little while, it's hard to get the true meaning and connotation of a message left for you online...<br><br>While I think some of the comments left above might be a little harsh, I don't think anyone was honestly working as hard as they could to make you upset, just speaking their mind... <br><br>I'm sure that no one above meant to insult you, though their comments might be taken as an insult...<br><br>Take a breather, and skip to another post...<br><br>

Re: DivX Warning! - 04/25/02 02:07 AM

LOL, yeah I meant in line. ;)<br><br>--<br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: DivX Warning! - 04/25/02 04:42 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>LOL, yeah I meant in line. ;)<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>But I bet you read it on line <br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: DivX Warning! - 04/26/02 12:46 AM

Go to your room, yoyo! :P<br><br>--<br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: DivX Warning! - 04/26/02 01:57 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Go to your room, yoyo! :P<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>I'm centered. I'm very centered. <br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear