Maya Personal Edition

Posted by: yoyo52

Maya Personal Edition - 03/04/02 10:15 PM

So just out of curiosity, has anyone actually been able to download the free Maya Personal Edition? I've tried some 20 times, and every time I'm told that there are too many people trying, so I should try again. Not that I'm complaining--I realize the file is pretty large.<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Maya Personal Edition - 03/05/02 03:09 AM

I was able to download it the first day it was available. Still haven't had any time to play with it! Perhaps this weekend...<br><br>

Re: Maya Personal Edition - 03/06/02 07:49 PM

Maya PLE is now available through your iDisk! It's slow cause that's always the way iDisk works, but at least I can now get it :)<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Maya Personal Edition - 04/20/02 12:57 AM

downloaded it, used it- LOVE IT<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Maya Personal Edition - 04/20/02 02:53 AM

I dl'd it too but have had little time to work with it and have not got much past lesson 2. What I have played with so far has been a great deal of fun and is truly an amazing app.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Maya Personal Edition - 04/20/02 09:41 AM

Now that you've downloaded it , have you actually gotten that dang thing to work?<br><br>I've tried two reinstalls and generating a new user space w/ just a stock OSX install, and the thing still hangs at startup ... the app seems very picky about what hardware config it likes to run in (my dual 800 with dual monitors it doesn't like at all, apparently) ...<br><br>And Alias' tech support looks to be terribly unresponsive (unless you pay, of course) ...<br><br>that $2000 for the real program is not looking like such a great deal right now ...<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>

Re: Maya Personal Edition - 04/20/02 01:04 PM

Mine works ok, but the watermark is more like grafitti painted as obviously as possible than it is like a watermark. You really couldn't think of using anything you've done with it other than to test out the app.<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Maya Personal Edition - 04/20/02 01:30 PM

heh ... yeah the in-your-face watermark has annoyed not just a few people ... I can understand why it's there, but why does it have to be SO there? Well, if I ever get it working on this machine I look forward to seeing what this app can do - after all the hoopla surrounding it, the damn thing had better be able to make my breakfast and feed my cat!<br><br>=D<br><br>***matt<br><br>

Re: Maya Personal Edition - 04/20/02 09:04 PM

I'd settle for its cleaning the litter box <br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear