No new hardware for a while

Posted by: yoyo52

No new hardware for a while - 02/11/02 07:43 PM

So how many of you guys are disappointed by the announcement that Apple will not be putting out new hardware in the next few months? I'm not really disappointed because "the next few months" leaves MWNY in the summer (half a year away) as the next likely venue for new hardware. A G5? Maybe. The article in The Register that the MacMinute home page refers to (http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/3/24018.html) suggests that Motorola's plans for further development of the G4 may be an iMac/PB path, leaving the possibility of a G5 for the PM. At least, that's the way I read the article.<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: johnengler

Re: No new hardware for a while - 02/14/02 05:51 AM

you have to remember that most Macintosh buyers are stuck on this "wait till the next expo" to buy a new machine calendar... which eats into Apple's quarterly profits, so there's a good chance that Apple's just saying that there won't be any new hardware (when all along there wasn't going to be any hardware anyways) so that people understand that there really won't be any new hardware, so they go buy the currently new hardware <br><br>whew, that was one long run-on sentence eh?<br><br>rumor sites and expo releases have really screwed up the buying cycle for Apple, so perhaps they're trying to right this... so that their profits get larger, which helps them, and you, and me, and every potential Mac customer out there...<br><br>who knows why Apple does what it does sometimes though ;)<br><br>