.Mac Configuration Server?

Posted by: peter.metzinger

.Mac Configuration Server? - 01/12/09 05:28 PM

I'm trying to publish a website through iWeb. It keeps giving me the message that it can't connect to the .Mac Configuration Server. Which is strange, as .Mac has been goe for a while already. I have iWeb 08, 2.02. Is that an old version? If I search for updates, then all I get is Mac OS X 10.5.6, which I don't want to use, for reasons well known.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re: .Mac Configuration Server? - 01/13/09 12:15 AM

Peter, is there not an update option on iweb? Software Update should keep this up to date as well. Have you ran software update lately?

.Mac the name is still around in some places. It just hasn't made its way out of the code everywhere. If you are having issues connecting to the server, check your firewall settings too and lastly the preferences for the program to see if anything stands out.

I am not too familiar with iweb as I write all my code by hand, but these are the basic things that should help get you on the right track.
Posted by: peter.metzinger

Re: .Mac Configuration Server? - 01/13/09 01:29 AM

Yes, there is an update option within iWeb, but it takes me to Software Update... I also changed firewall settings without luck. I ordered iLife 09 now...

Anyway, I found a way around "publish" to publish my website by "publishing as a folder" on my iDisk. That works for now.

Thanks again!