XP on intel macs supported by apple

Posted by: griffer

XP on intel macs supported by apple - 04/05/06 11:58 AM

looks like this is gonna kill a lot of those xp on mac hacking sites :p

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

Think im gonna upgrade my old powerbook to a intel ibook when they ship, so much fun going on on the intel side at the moment smile
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

XP on intel macs supported by apple - 04/05/06 12:23 PM

Its useful, and it will doubtless make Apple a few bucks, but somehow its wrong. And dirty.
Posted by: modyourmac

XP on intel macs supported by apple - 04/05/06 01:05 PM

Played with it when I got to work this morning. Super simple. Its literally a matter of updating firmware, and running the bootcamp app. it re-partitions your HD without erasing it, and burns the windows update CD. then you insert your XP disk and restart.

Course, my xp disk is wonky, and windows hates me, but it DOES install.
Posted by: iProd

XP on intel macs supported by apple - 04/05/06 03:28 PM

I played Battlefield 2 demo on my MacBook Pro 2.0 ghz. Runs sweetly laugh

XP on intel macs supported by apple - 04/05/06 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: "iProd"
I played Battlefield 2 demo on my MacBook Pro 2.0 ghz. Runs sweetly laugh

Cool, my only fear is that this might kill game development for mac?

Waragainstsleep - your right it feels kinda wrong...
Posted by: JediJoker7169

XP on intel macs supported by apple - 04/06/06 07:18 PM

I wonder if Boot Camp also supports Linux distros... If it doesn't now, it ought to soon. I'd love to triple-boot an Intel Mac, if only just for the hell of it. laugh

XP on intel macs supported by apple - 04/06/06 11:18 PM

If they make it tripple boot, i would have a even harder time not getting one laugh. Almost bought a macbook pro yesterday, i was sooo close pressing the buy button. But managed to convince myself into waiting for a intel ibook, don't know how long im able to do that :p

edit. A movie of a imac playing halflife 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6v6knSCXMQM&search=boot%20camp
Posted by: modyourmac

XP on intel macs supported by apple - 04/07/06 09:20 AM

The more I play with it, the more I'm convinced that an Intel machine needs to be in my near future. This all but killed my regular surfing on dell's refurb store. I no longer desire to have a Mac and a PC under my desk, when I can do everything with one unit. Just makes sense.
Posted by: destructospin

XP on intel macs supported by apple - 04/08/06 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: "JediJoker7169"
I wonder if Boot Camp also supports Linux distros... If it doesn't now, it ought to soon. I'd love to triple-boot an Intel Mac, if only just for the hell of it. laugh

why an x86 version of Linux when Yellow Dog rocks?