Using Apple's Info Database

Posted by: Anonymous

Using Apple's Info Database - 12/12/01 12:46 PM

This is an incredibly useful "reference sheet" for using Apple's new Knowledge Base 3.0. <br><br>http://www.macfixit.com/index.shtml#kbsearch-12-12<br><br>The bad old days of search the TILs are fast disappearing. If you call Apple Tech Support all that person is going to be is someone with a little training, probably not much more than this reference at MacFixIt. In many cases you won't have the time to consider various options like you can when doing it yourself.<br><br>I used my standard method of command-A, drag and drop, into BBEdit or Word X. Would work just as well, maintaining the present formatting, with AppleWorks or any number of text editors or other options.<br><br>If the created file doesn't hot link to original MacFixIt or Apple URL just save the main link at top of your copy. I always save it anyway just for reference.<br><br>The best tech tech support/consultants I know rely heavily on being able to play the TILs/Knowledge Base like a musical instrument.<br><br>If you don't make the music you often wind up asking a lot of dumb questions like I do and often getting replies that are almost as ignorant.<br><br>:rolleyes: dumb :rolleyes:<br><br>(the edit: edited link to provide the permanent link in lieu of temp and getting rid if unique characters from IIS servers can sometimes be a real pain)<br><br>128k_Mac<br><br>"The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better' so I bought a Macintosh." - Anonymous<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by 128K_Mac on 12/12/01 04:00 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>