1Password is HALF OFF today only

Posted by: zwei

1Password is HALF OFF today only - 10/30/08 11:14 AM

This is one of the best apps I have ever purchased. <br><br>save-o<br><br>zweisoft<br>
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: 1Password is HALF OFF today only - 10/30/08 12:12 PM

Looks pretty nice--but Keychain does the job for me on Mac, and I keep hoping that will arrive on the OTHER OS X too. Mainly for synching web passwords, but system-wide (for third parties to use) would be nicer. Air Sharing could read encrypted DMGs for instance, or implement its own encryption, and store its passwords in the OS-standard keychain.<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>STROGG: Change We Can Believe In<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net

Re: 1Password is HALF OFF today only - 10/30/08 12:37 PM

I used to think keychain was a decent answer to the problem. You have no idea how much you are missing until you try it. Going to a site and hitting Command+\ to automatically log in is SWEEET. Along with storing any other info you need. It's great for autofilling those long registration forms as well. Just gotta remember 1 password. Hell, I don't know what 90% of my passwords are anymore. It's got a great customizable password generator on it as well<br><br><br><br>It can store passwords in an OS X keychain ...or now in the new agile format keychain. I use the new format along with DropBox to keep everything up to date on all of my computers. It's great. <br><br>Do yourself a favor and at least try it in demo mode. It's compatible with all browsers.<br><br>zweisoft<br>
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: 1Password is HALF OFF today only - 10/30/08 01:51 PM

Probably something I'd have to try before grasping. Right now I log into passworded sites with the Return key and my only password I need to know is my login password.<br><br>On the iPhone it's a different story... sites without permanent cookies make me re-type my password <br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>STROGG: Change We Can Believe In<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net

Re: 1Password is HALF OFF today only - 10/30/08 02:01 PM

Yup ...just gotta try to see what it's about. I wish apple would buy them out and implement it directly into OS X. <br><br>zweisoft<br>
Posted by: carp

Re: 1Password is HALF OFF today only - 10/30/08 06:58 PM

Explain this to me<br><br>If someone hacks into your puter and gets this "one password" that you set , does that mean they have your whole she-bang so to speak >?<br><br>

Re: 1Password is HALF OFF today only - 10/30/08 07:36 PM

Yep ...although there is no way around it. If they guess your login password they can see any password stored in your keychain too ...it's the same deal. Then again, if you like to use the same password on all of your sites (like I used to ...for the most part) all they need to do is get one password there as well.<br><br>The good thing is that your 1password password isn't something that would be sent over the internet anywhere. If someone hacked your wifi network and got a password that way ..it's just one of the many generated passwords you use and not your master password. You are definitely safer by having different passwords for each site. <br><br>zweisoft<br>
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: 1Password is HALF OFF today only - 01/01/09 09:15 PM

Hi Zach,
I just got this for free from the Macheist giveaway.
Do you still recommend it?
I always feel nerveous as far as passwords and logins.
(Puts on tinfoil hat).

Re: 1Password is HALF OFF today only - 01/01/09 10:34 PM

crap yea! smile
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: 1Password is HALF OFF today only - 01/01/09 10:48 PM

Cool.
For the most part, I pass on 3rd party enhancers.
blush (no offense, anyone).

Especially when security is concerned.

nerveous???
How did that get by spell check?